Experience PRS 2012 Artist Announcement

I'm also hoping for Nugent to show up one of these years. To see Ted and Derek do Stranglehold (together) would be a check-mark on the old musical bucketlist.

I've been hoping for that as well, but I finally saw them together on Ted's tour last year. It doesn't diminish my desire for it to happen at Experience, though!

And to tread where I probably shouldn't...the Sig Club events at Experience are just a bonus to me. I get enough value out of the strings, shirt, picks and TRC in the swag. I've only been to the Sig Club events at Experience, none of the traveling ones. I can't say I've been universally thrilled with the events, but I can't say I've been horribly disappointed, either. Sure, there have been artists at both the Sig Club events and the regular Experience concerts that have been not my cup of tea, but there is a wide range of folks that PRS Guitars appeal to. There's only one act that I've left Experience during (they were the last act that night, and I found them really not to my liking). There have been artists that just didn't engage me but are revered by others - that's life, that's music. While some generalizations can be drawn, I think the characterizations made here border more on stereotypes. I'm not the oldest guy in SC, but I'm not the youngest either - my tastes are all over the board. I loved Buddy Guy - but Opeth blew me away as well. Same with Emil Werstler and Bernie Marsden. Or just about any other diverse combination of artists - and it's not something that's unique to me. Hell, I have a picture of Tony McManus digging Opeth last year.

As for the SC events - wasn't 2010 the year they did the master classes? I'm not sure who was disappointed with that, but I had a blast with Davy Knowles, Dave Weiner and David Grissom. The only disappointment I had was finding out what I missed at Howard Leese's class.

Each year there seems to be someone who is upset about what artists are playing and whatever night they are playing. I REALLY appreciate the weekend and consider it a bit tacky to make these kind of comments. In this market, I'm really glad PRS is still putting on this weekend.

Also ... I'm 66 and enjoy listening to Mark ...

Thursday night is about renewing old friendships, starting new ones, havng a bite/brew, lengthening the Experience by one day ... and listening to music ...

Well said Bill.

I am happy Mark is playing Thursday because that is the only day I'll be there (maybe early Friday). I guess I'm a freak since I'm "greying" but still like new rock music and don't limit myself to classic bands and their knock-offs. I didn't know anything about Opeth before last year, now I'm a fan. I can honestly say I've never been disapointed with the Experience. There was one group I didn't care for but that was only one of the many. My only complaint is they were forced to move the date this year and I have a conflict that will prevent me from attending all three days. But I'll see you Thursday night!

I can't wait! I appreciate the fact the PRS goes to such lengths to put on this event. I can't believe last year was my first time. I sure was missing out! Thanks to the PRS Team!!!!!

For all of you flying into BWI Airport. As you leave the terminal and get on the escalator to go down to the "baggage claim" area, look up slightly and you will see a poster of Paul standing in the hot room holding a guitar. The state of Maryland is using Paul and other prominent Marylanders to promote the state.

For all of you flying into BWI Airport. As you leave the terminal and get on the escalator to go down to the "baggage claim" area, look up slightly and you will see a poster of Paul standing in the hot room holding a guitar. The state of Maryland is using Paul and other prominent Marylanders to promote the state.
I am going by car, but I will try to convince my friend from Jersey to stop by BWI Airport just to see that...LOL

Wouldn't that be amazing.

I'm also hoping for Nugent to show up one of these years. To see Ted and Derek do Stranglehold (together) would be a check-mark on the old musical bucketlist.

I saw the Nuge (w/Derek)in Michigan when I was home last summer, definitely puts on a great show! If you're familiar with Ted, you know seeing him in Northern MI is a real treat. He puts the pedal to the floor for the whole show, and it is LOUD!

That's very cool!

I don't consider myself an old fart maybe if you go by my age I may qualify..............................BRING ON MARK TREMONTI

I'm fairly certain its OK to post this - guess whose coming to out to playyyyyyy

2crq78n.jpg

Emil is a great player...very versatile and a cool moro to boot....

I consider Emil to be part of the Experience MVP club (along with Davy Knowles, Bernie Marsden, David Grissom, Nicky Moroch, Mike Ault, and the Grainger Brothers).

The Experience offers visitors to see an amazing range of players. I feel sorry for those that go in with a closed mind against a style that they think they may not enjoy. Maybe bluegrass isn't for everyone but being able to see a F5 Loar mandolin being played is something special. Al's accordion player is possibly the best musician I have ever seen live. I wasn't an Opeth fan but after seeing them I have been converted. I talked to others that also had their mind changed after their set. Family Force Five? Not my cup of tea but I was impressed by their show and their energy.

To those that are going this year have fun Thursday night and drink one for me.

Last edited:
Back