Experience PRS 2012 Artist Announcement

james

Administrator
Staff member
You heard it here first!

Experience PRS 2012 Artists Announced

Experience 2012 is shaping up to be another great event. Complete event details will be emailed to registrants on September 4, but we’ve decided to give everyone a sneak peak at some of the artists who will be joining us this year.

Mark Tremonti will perform some spectacular songs from his new solo album All I Was at the Exclusive Signature Club Event on Thursday, September 13.

John McLaughlin and the 4th Dimension will headline Friday’s evening performance after a day of fun and informative clinics and product demonstrations. McLaughlin’s musical influences carry over to many of the musical elite also declaring him to be “the best guitarist alive,” as Jeff Beck mused in 2010. His recent announcement of his latest album, Now Here This (Abstract Logix) is set for release on October 18th and we are excited to give you a taste of what this album has to offer. As John himself simply states, “Now Here This is the culmination of my life’s work till now.”

Mother’s Finest, featuring PRS bass player Jerry “Wyzard” Seay, will take you back to the 70’s and give you a taste of funk rock at Saturday night’s evening concert.

As always, the PRS Band will host various artists on stage as well, including Davy Knowles, Brent Mason, Bernie Marsden, Simon McBride, Neal Schon, and more.

Event registration will close on August 18. If you haven’t registered and would like to attend Experience PRS 2012, please visit: www.prsguitars.com/experience/ We look forward to seeing you in September!

*Schedule Subject to change without notice.

mclaughlin.jpg

A VERY METAL SIGNATURE CLUB NIGHT IS IN-STORE MY FRIENDS :evil laugh:

Outstanding!

The bass player in me is especially stoked to see Mother's Finest.

Of course, I rarely sit and watch any of the acts because I'm too busy jaw-jackin' with all of the fellas. Can't wait. :cool:

By the way, I was bragging about John McLaughlin playing X-PRS to a friend (John Zurek) who is an accomplished Jazz drummer. He's played with many of the big boys. He said, and I quote...

"If he has Mark Mondesir with him you'll see a drummer the likes of you never ever seen before. Check out "Industrial Zen" (awesome bassist Matthew Garrison on this one) and "To the One".

If Johnny Z is impressed, I can't wait!

Sweet, sounds like it should be a very cool & eclectic weekend!

Hopefully, John McLaughlin will not be as much of a snooze as Al Di Meola was last year. I love Al's work with Return to Forever and his early solo work (Splendido Hotel is a tour de force), but I cannot get into "New World Music" Al. That being said, Al Di Meola, as good as he is, is no John McLaughlin. John McLaughlin has had an amazing career. It does not hurt that he rose to fame by playing guitar on In a Silent Way and Bitches Brew. Miles Davis was a genius, and McLaughlin benefited enormously from working with him.

I am looking forward to Davy and Bernie being at Experience again this year. Those two have joined Mike Ault, Gary Grainger, and Greg Grainger as Experience MVPs.

WHOA! If I knew about John McLaughlin and the oppourtunity to pehaps even meet and chat ( pick his brain ) with him I would have made every excuse to be there this year. Oh well, it must be fate that our paths don't cross this time. Mmmm, that sounds like something he would say....or does it??? .....And thats exactly the sort of thing I would like to know! Yes, he is an amazing improvisational guitarist, but to hear his perspective on things, he is one of the most intrieging souls I have ever heard speak. For those of you unfamiliar with his music, prepare to have your minds blown!!!!!

I am curious as to why Mark Tremonti is scheduled to perform on Thursday evening when the members of the Signature Club tend to be older than the members of the PRS community as a whole? Wouldn't it make more sense to have Mark Tremonti headline the show on Saturday evening? Saturday tends to draw the most age-diverse crowd.

I am curious as to why Mark Tremonti is scheduled to perform on Thursday evening when the members of the Signature Club tend to be older than the members of the PRS community as a whole? Wouldn't it make more sense to have Mark Tremonti headline the show on Saturday evening? Saturday tends to draw the most age-diverse crowd.

Probably scheduling for either Mark or the other day's headliners. Also while Mark and his solo project are a little heavier, who doesn't enjoy them some Tremonti? Hes such a great guy.

Probably scheduling for either Mark or the other day's headliners. Also while Mark and his solo project are a little heavier, who doesn't enjoy them some Tremonti? Hes such a great guy.

I know it is difficult for younger musicians to understand, but most older guitarists do not care for modern rock. For them, guitar pretty much went on a downhill spiral after "Nevermore" was released. If given their choice between John McLaughlin and Mark Tremonti, most would pick John McLaughlin. Older guitarists tend be more technically-oriented than younger guitarists because they cut their teeth when guitar was a lot more technically-oriented than it is today, and John McLaughlin is a technician's technician. Few guitarists will ever reach his level of prowess.

Scheduling Opeth to perform on Saturday last year was brilliant because it allowed younger members of the PRS family who are less likely to have extensive leave built up the opportunity to see the band that they cared about seeing. While older members of the PRS family may have slightly impaired hearing, we are not completely deaf. If I had a dollar for every time that I heard a young person at Experience 2010 complain about the weekend being too blues-rock/classic rock oriented, I would have walked away from the event with pockets full of money.

With that said, Mark Tremonti has to been really down to earth with Experience attendees in the past. I especially like the story about Mark making beer runs for a few BaMmers. I also appreciate the effort that he has put forth to bring guitar solos back to rock guitar.

The Artists/bands have very busy schedules and we are happy to work around those schedules. We appreciate the time they are able to give us, when they can give it.

I know it is difficult for younger musicians to understand, but most older guitarists do not care for modern rock. For them, guitar pretty much went on a downhill spiral after "Nevermore" was released. If given their choice between John McLaughlin and Mark Tremonti, most would pick John McLaughlin. Older guitarists tend be more technically-oriented than younger guitarists because they cut their teeth when guitar was a lot more technically-oriented than it is today, and John McLaughlin is a technician's technician. Few guitarists will ever reach his level of prowess.

Scheduling Opeth to perform on Saturday last year was brilliant because it allowed younger members of the PRS family who are less likely to have extensive leave built up the opportunity to see the band that they cared about seeing. While older members of the PRS family may have slightly impaired hearing, we are not completely deaf. If I had a dollar for every time that I heard a young person at Experience 2010 complain about the weekend being too blues-rock/classic rock oriented, I would have walked away from the event with pockets full of money.

With that said, Mark Tremonti has to been really down to earth with Experience attendees in the past. I especially like the story about Mark making beer runs for a few BaMmers. I also appreciate the effort that he has put forth to bring guitar solos back to rock guitar.

I think 99% of what you said is sheer opinion - and I respect it - but don't necessarily believe it to be as true as you make it. With that being said, its always a good time - both performance wise and of course simply our time to bond with fellow PRS lovers.

I work with a lot of guys replete with technical knowledge. They tend to be socially inept.

Back