Scored A Short Film About My Brother's Kresge Artist Fellowship. Here 'Tis!

László

Too Many Notes
[Edit: Here 'tisn't. I was informed by the director that the film can't be posted until May 6, when it airs on PBS. I was initially given different information, but in the meantime I have to take the video off YouTube. But I will repost it in a couple of weeks.]

Last night the Detroit Institute of Arts had a premiere for the short documentary films made about the artists who won Kresge Artist Fellowships. All of the artists got to work with a director to do these films, Kresge Fellowships are a pretty exclusive club, and my brother received one of the Fellowships!

After the film was shot, I was asked to score it. It will also be aired on PBS on May 6, 2024.

The premiere was also part of the Detroit Free Press' Freep Film Festival, which is held at several well known venues in Detroit, including the DIA, the Historical Museum, the Detroit Science Center, etc.

Now that it's premiered, I can post it! Feel free to send the link to anyone you know who likes getting insights from the artist about the work and who you think might enjoy the short film.

To be continued May 6. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Lovely short. I was wondering while watching if there would be any segment with narration only. After finishing it I noticed how well the soundtrack tied it together and gave it a greater unity.

Congrats on another well done piece!

Back