3 Mike 7-12

IMG_8185_zpsf2c00d57.jpg

Wow...now that is cool. Congrats, 3Mike! :adore:

The guitar arrived last night. For the sake of being honest, I am posting this one photo and no review for several days. Why, you may ask? Because PTC have spent far too much time and effort on this guitar for me to post some quick cell phone photos and a piecemeal review. This is like nothing I've ever owned before and I really need to spend the honeymoon playing it until I can downpick no more! I will also be taking some (hopefully) legit, nice photos of it soon to accompany the review.

Shawn, Skitchy and crew - you've shot this project out of our universe in every aspect. I can't thank you enough for all the time, effort and headaches you've put into it. Expect massive amounts of beer and bro hugs at Experience.

However, for proof - here she is! This guitar sounds HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEE. If this project doesn't sell you on working with PTC for your next project, you're out....of....your.....freaking..... mind!

160ap9s.jpg

The only problem with having one of these is you only have ONE OF THESE. You're most certainly going to have to do it again to have a backup.

When you come up for air :biggrin: , I have a few questions:

How is the string spacing at the nut and down the neck?
Tell me about that bridge. Is it a PRS one-off?
How do you like those pickups?

Okay, that's it. Tear it up and have fun! :rock:

The only problem with having one of these is you only have ONE OF THESE. You're most certainly going to have to do it again to have a backup.

I can promise you there will never be another one of these, at least from me. The amount of work it took for PTC is unrivaled and I'd never want to put Skitchy through it again! hahaha

When you come up for air :biggrin: , I have a few questions:

- How is the string spacing at the nut and down the neck?
- Tell me about that bridge. Is it a PRS one-off?
- How do you like those pickups?

Okay, that's it. Tear it up and have fun! :rock:

- The spacing is tighter than a normal 7, in all honesty. But after a few minutes of playing I am used to it. After a few hours of playing I can honestly tell you that I think it's making me a MORE accurate player since I have to be more aware and rely less on muscle memory.

- This isn't a PRS produced bridge, it was an aftermarket bridge that Skitchy was familiar with that would work with this project.

- LOVE them. Normally, I would take PRS over Bareknuckle anyday. I have a set of Aftermaths and they are OK, but I prefer the Tremonti set ten fold. These, however, are super impressive. The split sounds are unreal and the distortion is thick and clear without being percussive!

Thanks, Mike! The squared-off bridge looked PRSish.
You're going to make a lot of people crap their pants over at SS.org when you unveil this beauty there!

I can only imagine how awesome that Blackhawk/PRS combination must sound. Might put a set in my SE 7 that is coming next week! :)

Awsome idea,i feel ya on this projet.good luck.damm it is there anything ptc caint.as they d say best in the business.

Not to indiscriminately bump old threads. But I remember back when this was just an idea being floated around. Hadn't seen this thread until recently.

Anyway, how about that in-depth review? Sound clips? More/better pics? I'm curious how its doing after a year...

Not to indiscriminately bump old threads. But I remember back when this was just an idea being floated around. Hadn't seen this thread until recently.

Anyway, how about that in-depth review? Sound clips? More/better pics? I'm curious how its doing after a year...

There should be another thread floating around with a bunch of photos and review but I didn't record soundclips - might have to block out some studio time for you on that becuase this thing still kicks asssssss :)

There should be another thread floating around with a bunch of photos and review but I didn't record soundclips - might have to block out some studio time for you on that becuase this thing still kicks asssssss :)

More pics than this thread? Holy cow!

Yeah, I'd love to hear some of your playing, too. Inspirational for guys like me. ;)

Back