YO! Remember me???

ScottR

If nobody saw it, it didn't happen.
Hey guys! First of all, sorry for the novel. I know It’s been a minute.

As most of you probably know by now my wife Michelle or as she’s known around here as, the “Ginger Goddess” was diagnosed last May with what’s called a Neuroendocrine Tumor or N.E.T. Cancer. Her particular tumor (now “tumors”) started out adjacent to the head of the pancreas. She had two surgeries last year and they thought they were able to get it all. Only to find out a couple of weeks ago it had reoccurred in the same place only this time it’s almost doubled in size over the last 6 months.

The first surgeon that was supposed to repair a hernia so the cancer surgery could be done, inadvertently cut nerves going to her stomach he shouldn’t have and it caused
Gastroparesis (paralyzed stomach) both surgeries were a nightmare and both put her the ICU for over two weeks.

We’re in the process of trying to get her accepted into the Mayo Clinic in MN. They are world renowned for treating N.E.T. and cancers of the pancreas and digestive tract. I only want the best for my girl, so no matter what it takes if they accept her, she’s going!

As I’m sure y’all can imagine, the last year has been insane. UAB Hospital in Birmingham, at one time had an amazing reputation for its cancer center. But to be honest they have made this whole process a living hell. Meh, Alabama go figure.

Anyway, I wanted to thank all of you guys that responded to @dogrocketp post about it last week. I also wanted to apologize to you guys for ghosting the forum. It’s just been really heavy and honestly I didn’t wanna be a dark cloud looming over what I’ve always considered to be one of my “most happy places” with some of my “most happy/fun friends”.

I’ll be back on from time to time. But as you can imagine I’ve gotta get the GG well.

Thanks again to all of you that have reached out to me on instagram, checked in on her, for any and all thoughts, prayers, positive vibes whatever you’re into and donations to her go fund me. It means more to both of us than words can describe or at least than I can articulate. I have made so many friends here over the last 7+ years and I miss each and every one of you. Thanks again Scott.

#cancersucks

Hey guys! First of all, sorry for the novel. I know It’s been a minute.

As most of you probably know by now my wife Michelle or as she’s known around here as, the “Ginger Goddess” was diagnosed last May with what’s called a Neuroendocrine Tumor or N.E.T. Cancer. Her particular tumor (now “tumors”) started out adjacent to the head of the pancreas. She had two surgeries last year and they thought they were able to get it all. Only to find out a couple of weeks ago it had reoccurred in the same place only this time it’s almost doubled in size over the last 6 months.

The first surgeon that was supposed to repair a hernia so the cancer surgery could be done, inadvertently cut nerves going to her stomach he shouldn’t have and it caused
Gastroparesis (paralyzed stomach) both surgeries were a nightmare and both put her the ICU for over two weeks.

We’re in the process of trying to get her accepted into the Mayo Clinic in MN. They are world renowned for treating N.E.T. and cancers of the pancreas and digestive tract. I only want the best for my girl, so no matter what it takes if they accept her, she’s going!

As I’m sure y’all can imagine, the last year has been insane. UAB Hospital in Birmingham, at one time had an amazing reputation for its cancer center. But to be honest they have made this whole process a living hell. Meh, Alabama go figure.

Anyway, I wanted to thank all of you guys that responded to @dogrocketp post about it last week. I also wanted to apologize to you guys for ghosting the forum. It’s just been really heavy and honestly I didn’t wanna be a dark cloud looming over what I’ve always considered to be one of my “most happy places” with some of my “most happy/fun friends”.

I’ll be back on from time to time. But as you can imagine I’ve gotta get the GG well.

Thanks again to all of you that have reached out to me on instagram, checked in on her, for any and all thoughts, prayers, positive vibes whatever you’re into and donations to her go fund me. It means more to both of us than words can describe or at least than I can articulate. I have made so many friends here over the last 7+ years and I miss each and every one of you. Thanks again Scott.

#cancersucks
Praying

Since we message each other daily in one form or another, you know I’m always here for you. I will continue to pray daily.

And don’t worry about being a downer to the forum. The only bummer is when you aren’t here! It’s just not the same. Heck, even Reubs has been acting semi- normal lately 😱.

Back