Yes, I'm TOTALLY geeking out over this find...

Brad737

This space for rent...
I'm sure most of you will think this is kind of lame, but like the title says I'm totally geeking out right now. But there are a few folks who I think will appreciate this.

I have a few saved searches on eBay, and one of them is "1985 PRS". I have a few old PRSes, so I like to see what the market is up to. Anyway, there has been a set of winged tuners for sale on eBay for a LONG time. The seller is asking quite a bit of change for them, and he doesn't show which version they are, so I never gave them much thought. Imagine my surprise to find another set from a different seller for a heck of a lot less.

They arrived today.

921C5447-8C7F-4393-A678-45B63A360825_zpsltkqeeyl.jpg

The package is a little rough, but it's unopened, and all of the goodies are inside. But it gets better.

F82E19C4-AAE8-4456-9949-B070E3D73FAA_zpsvqecveue.jpg

I paid less for these than a set of new ones from the PRS store. To say I'm stoked would be a colossal understatement. :D

I hope you all have a Happy New Year. Mine is off to a great start.

Bangin'! I had the most excellent day when Hansomatic sent me a set of brand new sealed gold wing tuners. I huffed the air in the bag after I opened 'em and smiled so much I got molten metal in my teeth when I had to grind down the holes for the D&G tuners.

So ya gonna use 'em or keep 'em in the bag?

I have no reservations about using them, but I don't need them at the moment. I have two 85s and an 86, so these are the correct replacements for those guitars. I'm going to keep them in the bag until they're needed as replacements.

Fly on, winged ones...very cool. I got a pretty good deal on a gently used set off of Reverb last year. Never seen them in the package before!

Cool!

For some reason "winged tuner" just made me remember "The Winged Hamster." Old timers will know who I'm referring to hehe.

Back