Winged tuner thumb screws

Discussion in 'PTC - PRS Tech Center' started by neophytte, Jul 23, 2014.

1. neophytte

neophytte New Member

Hi all,

I bought myself an '89 Electric PRS however two of the locking nuts are missing - the only replacements I have found are $us200 on eBay or on the Guitar Vault page, which has a postage fee of $50 to Australia.

Does anyone know where I can source these in Australia, or a suitable replacement? They are apparently the 'Metric' version and I have some pictures on my site here: http://neophytte.mine.nu/photo/2014-07-22_PRS/

Thanks

Richard

2. Boogie

Boogie Zombie Two, DFZ

I believe the only current source is through John Mann. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

3. neophytte

neophytte New Member

Cheers for that - looks like I'll just order more to make the shipping price appear less ... or something

Richard

4. John Mann

John Mann olslowhand
    Authorized PRS Dealer

Richard, send us an email and we'll do our best to find a cheaper way to ship them off to you.

FYI... international shipping is a big issue for us. We love to help out of you "across the pond" from us, but shipping the cheapest way (US Postal Service aka USPS) is very unreliable... no tracking... no insurance... no reliable delivery schedule. We have had lots of international packages lost, or delayed for ridiculous amounts of time.

We try to use FedEx since they are reliable in all sense of the word. Of course, that comes as a price.

If you have any suggestions on how to reduce our international shipping costs, and maintain a reasonable amount of reliability, please let me know.

~ John