Why no case for the NF 53?

I notice that it says "premium gig bag," whereas most other Bolt-On and S2 guitars just come with the regular (non-premium) gig bag. IMO, there is a noticeable difference between them--and I much prefer the premium one. Short of a true PRS hard-case, the Premium Gig Bag is pretty good (not to mention much lighter in weight).

just wondered.... I pre-ordered a SB one due mid/late July

If it’s the same bag as the Silver Sky, it’s a nice bag. I wasn’t impressed with the bag that comes with the CE24. It felt cheap. I don’t understand why they don’t use the nicer bag for all of the Bolt-Ons. The cost can’t be that different, and it would be a differentiator for the line.

ALL MY GUITARS ARE IN GIG BAGS, except a 92 Custom 24 (I ran out of gig bags). The hard cases are under the guest bed and keyboard. Most of my guitars are in excellent condition. Try hauling a hard case, tube amp, and accessory bag up stairs in one trip. You can do it with a gig bag. After all, I gig them.

ALL MY GUITARS ARE IN GIG BAGS, except a 92 Custom 24 (I ran out of gig bags). The hard cases are under the guest bed and keyboard. Most of my guitars are in excellent condition. Try hauling a hard case, tube amp, and accessory bag up stairs in one trip. You can do it with a gig bag. After all, I gig them.
I always take 2 axes, so I got a dual Reunion Blues RBX and I'm guessing that 2 guitars in that feel slightly heavier than one in a hard case.

There is no excuse for it not to come with a hard case

I live in Pakistan on the coast and the humidity here is a killer. Absolutely no way I’d keep a $3,000 guitar in anything other than a hard case with the dehumidifiers running.

PRS is getting a bit cheap I’m sorry to say

This is getting to be a habit with PRS with these inexpensive gig bags. For a guitar at this cost, they should have a hardshell case.
Times have changed. Few people gig with a hardshell case anymore. Too big and bulky.

My guitars and the hardshell cases just sit in the closet.

When it's time for a gig my guitar comes out of the hardshell case, goes into a gig bag, and goes to the gig.

Makes sense to just sell them in a gig bag from the get go.

Cheaper too. You really want to cough up an ADDITIONAL $300 or more for a hardshell case?

You didn't expect them to throw it in did you?

Last edited:
At this price point, I think it should come with a hard case. I actually use a gig bag, even for my PRSi, when going to gigs. How does the "premium" PRS gig bag compare to a Gator Pro-Go? I use the two guitar version since I always take at least two guitars to a gig.

I’m probably a rare bird. I don’t want more cases. I only have so many places to store them. Gig bags are easier. And I appreciate the ones that came with the silver sky. Those should be the standard for bolt ons line. I believe they are standard on the Dustie.

Now if it’s a 4K and up guitar? Yes that better be cased!

Back