Who's Crying Now - My LLB Top Ten #5

Nailed it.

God, that solo that fills the entire final third of the song is just SO freaking soulful--one of the coolest 70's/80's rock solos period.

Journey is one of those bands that is so hard to cover... the pure energy and belief they put into their songs was as important as their exceptional songwriting and musicianship. I first saw them on the Infinity tour, and have been a huge fan ever since.

Great effort by LLB!

great rendition of the greatest horse show song of all time. i love playing that solo out of context but have never played it in any band ever because (unlike your singer) i can’t sound like steve perry. props to the whole band!

Nailed it!! and not only are the lead vocals on point but *ALL* the backing vocals are tight as a drum, and speaking of drums that young man did a helluva Steve Smith too, great job all around.

I always prick up my ears on covers of tunes I did back in the 80's, that's one of those gtr solos that you have to do note for note or you get bottles thrown at you. I will admit though after playing it for a few months in all the bars in Georgetown I never wanted to play it again.

Still, this is an impressive cover of a well written classic tune that has to be done right, or else.
2 thumbs up

For those NOT familiar with LLB, Go to the web site- these guys are the BEST at covering some of the coolest tunes in Classic rock in a really great format. Dale, as stated before, I want to do this in Minneapolis. Just found a keys player that could make it happen!

Journey is one of those bands that is so hard to cover... the pure energy and belief they put into their songs was as important as their exceptional songwriting and musicianship. I first saw them on the Infinity tour, and have been a huge fan ever since.

Great effort by LLB!

Prob the peak when you saw them IMO. The Live In Houston vid also shows how amazing they were when those ‘hits’ were initially on the radio.

great rendition of the greatest horse show song of all time. i love playing that solo out of context but have never played it in any band ever because (unlike your singer) i can’t sound like steve perry. props to the whole band!

thanks so much for sharing your time to give this a look. It is a cool solo to ‘show up’ randomly in other tunes and see if anyone in the room is a Journey fan:)

Reactions: jxe
Nailed it!! and not only are the lead vocals on point but *ALL* the backing vocals are tight as a drum, and speaking of drums that young man did a helluva Steve Smith too, great job all around.

I always prick up my ears on covers of tunes I did back in the 80's, that's one of those gtr solos that you have to do note for note or you get bottles thrown at you. I will admit though after playing it for a few months in all the bars in Georgetown I never wanted to play it again.

Still, this is an impressive cover of a well written classic tune that has to be done right, or else.
2 thumbs up

thanks for sharing some of your story..I’m sure there are some good memories from the 80s!

the drummer is my son, thx for the kind words and taking time to check this out, appreciated.

For those NOT familiar with LLB, Go to the web site- these guys are the BEST at covering some of the coolest tunes in Classic rock in a really great format. Dale, as stated before, I want to do this in Minneapolis. Just found a keys player that could make it happen!

that’s great news...I hope it comes together! Love to keep up with you guys if things start to happen, wish you the best!

Back