Which do you play most at home?

Which do you play more at home (not gigs)?

• Electric guitar

Votes: 40 95.2%
  • Acoustic guitar

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters

Otisblove

I play electric guitar about 90% of the time. I'll mix in an acoustic and bass from time to time.

I play a mix. It's probably electric more times than not, but I'm an acoustic fan of the first order and also love playing classical guitars for their innate difficulty.

Last edited:
For me it goes in waves. I've played only acoustics the last few days - a Tonare and an Angelus among them. I always get a thrill listening to the ring of a good acoustic in a quiet house.

In a couple of weeks I'll probably swing to 80% electric for a while.

Over a typical year I'm probably biased a bit to the electric side. Maybe 60-65% electric.

Electrics 98% of the time. But I only plug them in about 10% of the time. I'm usually just wandering around the house, noodling away.

Might as well be 100% electric. I don't think my acoustic has been out of its case since December.

I have a very nice acoustic which sits in its case 99% of the time. I occasionally feel guilty about that, but sound carries in our house so I most often play electric through headphones to keep the peace. It's always great to keep an acoustic around for the rare occasion when I need it.

I have a very nice acoustic which sits in its case 99% of the time. I occasionally feel guilty about that, but sound carries in our house so I most often play electric through headphones to keep the peace. It's always great to keep an acoustic around for the rare occasion when I need it.
It's funny how different houses are, and the people in them. If I play one of the acoustics in the library I put in the basement, it leaks a bit through the air returns to the bedrooms on the second floor, but by then it has mellowed enough that the girls carry on with their beauty sleep.

Bout 50/50 lately...varies to 70/30 either way at times. I try to do an acoustic and electric version for every song I learn...especially if the version seems incompatible with the genre. Leads to some interesting "accidents"...like the acoustic versions of AC/DC songs I'm working on.

Usually if I play around the house it's to pick up a lick or riff for my church music, so I usually stick to the electric, but not plugged in. I'll only plug in if I need to dial in a new sound (several of my amps EQs are different so the Friedman pedal needs adjustments) or if no one else is around and I can crank it (play the jams from Guns/Slash or Alter Bridge). If I'm playing for my own enjoyment when I have the time, 80% of the time that's on acoustic noodling in open G.

I don't own a steel string acoustic, so electric guitar it is (sometimes with headphones:)).
PS - I own a nylon string acoustic which I play Bossa Nova style songs - usually 30 minutes a day.

I don't own a steel string acoustic, so electric guitar it is (sometimes with headphones:)).
PS - I own a nylon string acoustic which I play Bossa Nova style songs - usually 30 minutes a day.

Me too! Steel stringers are for hippies and cowboys.

I play more electric than acoustic but I voted acoustic so you could have one in the poll. I needed a both button to be completely truthful.

It would be an Electric 80% of the time. Just all depends what's in my head at the time but always have one of my acoustics hanging on the wall near bye for a quick change.!!!

@AP515, you felt bad for a choice in a poll question on a guitar forum so you lied. Let's think about that for a minute.

Back