Which color SE DGT do you prefer?

Which color SE DGT do you prefer?

• 1) Gold Top.

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • 2) McCarty Tobacco Sunburst.

Votes: 12 37.5%

• Total voters
I have the tobacco burst model but I will be getting the gold top moon model.

B4758235-CC8-A-410-A-93-F3-657-A0133-E59-B.avif

Not many folks on the fence here.

I'd go for the burst but that's a minority view.
Your preference is fine Prina, as it IS good looking as well!

Not to mention that PRS is business savvy enough to know that some will like the Gold Top more than the McCarty Tobacco Sunburst, and some will like the McCarty Tobacco Sunburst more than the Gold Top :)

As shallow as it may be, the ability to SEE THE D*MNED WOOD is one of the major draws to PRS guitars for me. Solid colors, though great, don't appeal to me the way that transparent ones do. Therefore, sunburst would be my vote.

As shallow as it may be, the ability to SEE THE D*MNED WOOD is one of the major draws to PRS guitars for me. Solid colors, though great, don't appeal to me the way that transparent ones do. Therefore, sunburst would be my vote.

I hear ya, and I totally agree. In my case, I wanted something classic. I already rocked this DGT for sometime before deciding it didn't do it for me tonally - the wood was too nice, lol!!

That’s a nice guitar, and the color makes me wish there were more than just two options on the SE DGT :)

Visually, this guitar was SUPERIOR!!!!! It is a one-off Artist Package DGT in a custom color. It has a Brazilian fretboard and hybrid hardware. I HATED the tone. It had a weird "ping" in the high-end that was annoying. I liked the split tones and that was it. The guitar was WAAAAAYYYYYYY to nice to be a wall hanger. I traded it off for another Paul's Guitar. I was MUCH happier.

Visually, this guitar was SUPERIOR!!!!! It is a one-off Artist Package DGT in a custom color. It has a Brazilian fretboard and hybrid hardware. I HATED the tone. It had a weird "ping" in the high-end that was annoying. I liked the split tones and that was it. The guitar was WAAAAAYYYYYYY to nice to be a wall hanger. I traded it off for another Paul's Guitar. I was MUCH happier.
It’s funny you say that :)

My closest friend had a Custom 24 Artist Package in Autumn Sky that was the most beautiful guitar he had ever seen, but he didn’t like the way it sounded.

The funny part is that he thought it was so beautiful that he considered hanging it on a wall like a piece of art, but eventually decided that would be a monetary mistake, so he sold it :)

Back