Which 3 Pickup PRS?

• Silver Sky

• SH Special

• Triple Soapbar Custom

• Other (specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Malloc

Just for fun, help pick my next PRS!

I’ve currently got a P22 (85/15 MT) and a HBII SC (58/15 non-LT). Only criteria is what you would choose to compliment those and it has to have a tremolo.

One like this! But you'll have to wrestle it away from @MA Pete first. He gets all the good guitars.
75PhdSp.jpg

Hmm, you have a P22 already, which covers a good chunk of the SSH territory (both being CU22-based), but the P22 is not Semi-Hollow, which does add a nice bit of flavor. Is your P22 equipped with a trem or stoptail? If a trem, then maybe too much similarity with SSH. So I would suggest the 509, because that is a very different beast. Esp if you can find it in a WL config like Bodia's (or mine): maple neck + FB, swamp ash body, or other non-std woods.

The Silver Sky is about as far as you can get from anything in your arsenal or on that list, though. It would be a very different world from the P22 or SC HBII.

So...I suggest Silver Sky.

Hmm, you have a P22 already, which covers a good chunk of the SSH territory (both being CU22-based), but the P22 is not Semi-Hollow, which does add a nice bit of flavor. Is your P22 equipped with a trem or stoptail? If a trem, then maybe too much similarity with SSH. So I would suggest the 509, because that is a very different beast. Esp if you can find it in a WL config like Bodia's (or mine): maple neck + FB, swamp ash body, or other non-std woods.

The Silver Sky is about as far as you can get from anything in your arsenal or on that list, though. It would be a very different world from the P22 or SC HBII.

So...I suggest Silver Sky.

My P22 is a stoptail. Not a deal breaker, but I’m definitely leaning towards maple neck for this one ;)

The closest thing a 513 is to any of those would be a DC3 or 305. Everything else is significantly different

Back