What would you do?

MichaelS

I'm here for the free kool-aid...
I've posted this back in 2017 when I noticed the delamination blemishes on the neck right when it came in...
https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/santana-arrived-but-whats-this.22286/
... every year I want to send it in when it gets warmer, but dread the cross-country shipment nonetheless. It hasn't gotten worse, but it does bug me a little. I bet as soon as it's fixed I'll but a ding in it too.

Is there a statute of limitation?

It's the only guitar I baby like that. While I don't totally smash around the others, I don't mind a ding, swirl or scratch here and there on them. Including similar price range R9, but those are supposed to have some grit.

Send it in? Or live with it?

OAdWmrM.jpg

I'm living with one similar to this, right now. It doesn't bug me, so I haven't done anything with it. It also hasn't gotten any worse. I'll probably only do something with it if I decide to sell it. Presuming it doesn't get any worse.

Me...I've had similar blemishes fixed because they bothered me. But, I also have guitars with blemishes as bad, if not worse, than that one that I'm living with.

However, I will say, if it was still bothering me after six whole years....I'd send it in and get it fixed already. That's a long time to not have come to terms with a blemish.

Back