What type of a replacement Knob is available for PRS Winged Locking Tuners?

digeratti

I recently purchased a wonderful 2000 CU22 which has PRS Winged Locking Tuners but the knob on the G-string tuner is cracked.

I tried knobs from my Getsch acoustic and an Ibanez AF95 but they both have too small shaft openings to fit the PRS tuner.

Looking through the Stewart-MacDonald luthier supply catalog I can get replacement knobs IF I know the make of the tuners but I have no way to know who made them for PRS in 2000?

I've emailed PRS support but they don't answer. Does anyone know the brand I need to match? If I can buy an entire set of better quality knobs, that would be ok, too.

I've glued the original plastic (I thought it was ebony but it was just cheap plastic?) tuning knob back together and it's working for now but I want to replace it. I suspect it took a hit when it was in GC.

Thanks in advance!

Should be the same a Schaller M6. I've swapped the ebony knobs around with the older winged versions and they have fit, don't know if that helps at all.

The replacements arrived from Stew MacDonald's today!

They are gorgeous actual ebony knobs ... the guitar had faux ebony plastic knobs on it when I bought it??? Perhaps they were plastic replacements? In any case, the new knobs look great and even came with gold bolts to attach them to the tuners. They look amazing!

Thanks again!

Back