What riff do you get stuck in your head?

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
I have heard this song quite a bit, but coming into work this morning with Sirius Ozzy's Boneyard channel on this song was playing.

Black Sabbath - A National Acrobat

It is a cool riff, and I cannot get it out of my head this morning :D
I keep hearing it in my head, and I may have to teach myself now how to play it.

Tony's riffs are so cool sounding since he plays mainly on the lower frets, and the tubes overdriven in his Laney amp has got to be one of the best lead/riff sounds.
Another band that gets close to the same sound is Budgie.

Last edited by a moderator:
A National Acrobat is probably in my top 5 favorite songs ever recorded. In fact, it very well be my favorite song ever - I will never (NEVER) forget the first time I heard it after bringing Sabbath Bloody Sabbath home from the record store, in around 1976. I dropped the needle and the title track was awesome, the Sabbath we all knew and loved. Then ANA came on and it litterally changed my world: Everything was different after hearing that song and the feeling it gave me when I was a kid has informed my musical taste every step of the way since. That original copy of Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is in a frame on the wall of my music room right now.

As for songs in my head, I actually usually give in the urge and listen to them or if I am home grab a guitar and play them.

Oh god, sorry you asked….now it's back and as annoying as ever. And I have no idea how it got in my head, nor do I like it. Maybe it's because me and my teenage sons joke about it.

Anyway, you know it, you love it, the opening riff to 'The Final Countdown'. Dada dut duh……...Dadadut dut duh…...

There. Now you're stuck with it too.

Last edited:
It changes daily - when I'm not playing guitar and have time to, I'm constantly playing records and being a classic rock nut I'm constantly hearing great riffs.

Right now it's No More No More by Aerosmith, tomorrow it could be Windy by The Association - hard to say.

Now this is stuck in my head since yesterday.
I picked up one of my guitars when I heard it on TV, and I started playing it.
My X wife and I saw the movie in the theater when it came out back around '81 or '82.
Lotta good songs in the movie, but this one was my favorite.

Poor quality video, there are others, but they have animation in them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried out for a group 3 weeks ago and had to learn Love Song by the Cure on the fly. It was the 311 cover version that is actually kind of cool but I can't get that dam song out of my head.

Back