What colot is it? Worth of PRS Custom 22 2002

Ddorf

Chris
I'm a step befory buying a custom 22 with a stoptail. It's my first core.
I was looking on internet for more informations but I havent found no one like this.

I cant figure out what color is it.

What is the approximate value of this prs?
The condition is good , only 2 chipped varnish
Do the moon inlays reduce the value generally?

Thanks in advance!

prs3.jpg

prs4.jpg
prs1.jpg

prs2.jpg

Thanks mate, the first source I was searching on was Reverb, but I didnt found any similar like this. I supposed that is violin amber but the wood grain / texture doesnt match. I was looking for dark cherry sunburst but no one has a similar wood grain, the texture of them looks like lines and not like stains (I hope you understand what I mean - my english is anything but good :)

I found one on Reverb like mine but its "Highly Quilted Artist Grade 10 Top"
https://reverb.com/item/19564934-2003-paul-reed-smith-custom-22-brazilian-nos

OK Thanks toothace and shimmilou.
What I would to know yet is how important is to have birds inlays in case I would decide to sell this guitar ane day ? Do the moon inlays reduce the value generally? Are these not so wanted/popular with PRS players?

I have some with birds, some with moons, and some with just dots. I prefer birds myself, but have not noticed much price difference between guitars with birds, moons or dots. Moons are just as much of a PRS thing as birds.

I’ve found moons don’t generally reduce the guitars value, some people like them and some don’t, that’s about it. The birds were a tough sell at the beginning but now they’re synonymous with the brand. I wouldn’t worry about resale value, looks like it had a lot going for it. Hard to say a fair price, things are inflated currently, I’ll say I personally found a CU22 in that color for $1400 last year, but I consider that a great deal. I’ve seen em sell for plenty more.

My own sense from compulsively looking at used PRSi is that, all else being equal, moons DO generally bring a little less than birds. But not much, maybe a couple hundred bucks.

Time may change the value of moons. Most PRSi have birds now.

Unless you’re buying with the intention to sell, I wouldn’t worry about what it might sell for someday. The guitar market is unusually high in price right now, so what you pay now might not matter much in a couple of years.

Do you like it? Can you afford it? Is there something you’d like better? Those are the only real questions.

Back