PRS Custom 22 soapbar Pickup ?

Jamme

Have a 2002 PRS Custom 22 soapbar - I know the soapbars are made by Duncan. My question is from what ive read all three p/u's in the guitar should be the same. My guitars bridge p/u reads 11k while the other two p/u's are at 7.2k - all wiring looks untouched - is this normal? thxs for any info.

Very common for the bridge pickup to be hotter than the other two.

A rumor that has persisted in my brain (because nobody has disproven it yet) is that the early 2000's neck P90 (and in your case, the middle one too) was a stock Seymour Duncan "Vintage P90" neck-model pickup (~8 k), and the bridge-position pickup was a "Duncan Custom" neck model (~12k) with modified magnet. Again--rumor based on evidence that I've pieced together/read on the internet (so I has to be true, right?) but I'm holding to that rumor until disproven.

I had a couple of CU22s (great guitars, btw), and I remember reading that Duncan made them to PRS specs. Whether that's marketing hype, or true, I have no idea, but I remember that bridge pickup driving an amp a little more, so perhaps it was hotter.

All of them are fuller range, with more treble, than the Antiquities that came with my 594 Soapbar.

thanks guys - i love the guitar - its my second one - first one had rosewood fretboard - this ones maple like it better.

Very common for the bridge pickup to be hotter than the other two.

A rumor that has persisted in my brain (because nobody has disproven it yet) is that the early 2000's neck P90 (and in your case, the middle one too) was a stock Seymour Duncan "Vintage P90" neck-model pickup (~8 k), and the bridge-position pickup was a "Duncan Custom" neck model (~12k) with modified magnet. Again--rumor based on evidence that I've pieced together/read on the internet (so I has to be true, right?) but I'm holding to that rumor until disproven.
I Agree With This.

Back