What color lampshade knobs? You pick the winner.

What color lampshade knobs on tobacco burst?

• Total voters
It depends on whether you want the knobs to 'blend' or 'contrast'. A case can be made for either. Black rings and knobs on tobacco stand out like an accent; so you're wanting the plastic bits to be noticed.
The guitar in my avatar came with amber knobs, but the tuner buttons and rings were cream, so I thought cream knobs would 'match' better, even though it made the knobs stand out more. Lately I'm thinking I don't care for the cream, so maybe buttons, rings and knobs should all be rosewood...

I don’t generally vote to go outside the PRS box on parts but if you’re going with the black rings/switch tip, I’d look for knobs that are more a straight black color. The clear/black lampshades are more of a silver/grey over look. Looks better for certain stains but in this case a more standard black knob would look better IMO.

I don’t generally vote to go outside the PRS box on parts but if you’re going with the black rings/switch tip, I’d look for knobs that are more a straight black color. The clear/black lampshades are more of a silver/grey over look. Looks better for certain stains but in this case a more standard black knob would look better IMO.
I've thought about spray painting the inside of those to get real black or painting the clear ones to what ever color i need.

Back