Well i think this is the last time i order from Musician's Friend.

This is why I deal with the same mom & pop shop since 2012.
Have bought eight PRS through him now, and the cool part is the shop is by my work, and only 12.5 miles from my home.
I wish I had a better prs dealer in my area. I hate when I'm forced to go online or a big box store. It's not as personal and it takes away the experience of buying that guitar you love.

You can always go to a GREAT PRS dealer on line you know. Doesn't have to be the big box. I've had some GREAT experiences with more than one non-big box dealer on line. Great to work with on the phone, via email, good follow up. Couldn't ask for better customer service type experiences.

Personally, I would not recommend buying any guitar, before you play it. That's just me. Most people I know that have bought guitars like that, usually return it, starting the Merry-go-round, or wind up selling it within six months. There are, of course, exceptions to this, but I'm just reporting my own observations. My advise is, find a dealer you can trust..they're out there, you just have to look. Play a lot of guitars, and bring a friend or band mate with you, for some objective advise, and play a lot of guitars. Mail order buying has its uses: cords, strings, studio gear, and lots of other mass produced, off the shelf items. But, when buying something as personal as a guitar, it's better to see it, get the feel of it, and hear it, in person before plunking down your hard earned cash. One last thought; musicians friend is owned by Guitar Center, which is the antithesis of a rewarding buying experience. Good luck!

Back