Vintage PRS pickup has died and I'm not getting any joy from PRS

jdel77

I own four Annapolis factory PRS Customs.
Recently the bridge pickup from my '87 went open and started sounding terrible. This is a vintage T stamp pickup.
I have since replaced it with a 90's Dragon II, which sounds great for hard rock/metal, but it doesn't have that buttery smoothness or compression that the old ones have.

I have contacted PRS for a rewind and an email response was that they don't offer rewinds through their PTC (whatever that is) and a second auto generated email stating that they sincerely hope this has resolved the issue (whatever that means).

I have now contacted ELFA (Electric Factory Australia) who are the official PRS distributor here to see if I can get it rewound. I want to preserve the originality of this pickup, have it sound exactly as it's meant to stock, and still be able to call it an original pickup.

Is there anyone in the USA who winds pickups and is an authorised PRS repair agent?

Many thanks.

Recently the bridge pickup from my '87 went open and started sounding terrible. This is a vintage T stamp pickup.
I have since replaced it with a 90's Dragon II, which sounds great for hard rock/metal, but it doesn't have that buttery smoothness or compression that the old ones have.

I have contacted PRS for a rewind and an email response was that they don't offer rewinds through their PTC (whatever that is) and a second auto generated email stating that they sincerely hope this has resolved the issue (whatever that means).

I have now contacted ELFA (Electric Factory Australia) who are the official PRS distributor here to see if I can get it rewound. I want to preserve the originality of this pickup, have it sound exactly as it's meant to stock, and still be able to call it an original pickup.

Is there anyone in the USA who winds pickups and is an authorised PRS repair agent?

Many thanks.

Thats a boomer, I feel you.

Not much of a help at Matt is in Gloucester, UK but he would be the first guy I would contact with that sort of problem https://www.montysguitars.com

Many thanks.

If you don’t find a way to get it rewound, or just want to replace it...
If you find one in the US and someone doesn’t want to ship it overseas to you , have them ship it to me and I’ll get it to you.

Brandonwound is another option.

I don't know if Wolfe over at wolfetone does rewinds, but if he doesn't I bet he has a contact.

Wouldn't it be nice if it were just a dried up solder joint which only needed to be refreshed somewhere?

Back