Vela S2 Solid Body

Longneck Tenon

Had a chance to play a Vela Solid Body. Am thinking a lot about pulling the trigger on it. I wanted to try the Semi-Hollow as well. Any thoughts or opinions on either or both?

Everyone should have a Vela.. My vote is Satin SH. A fav of mine for sure. Differnet than the rest, sounds killer, plays great, and travels well being so light.

Screenshot_20220816-100405_Galleryd4159c5d8cc3d3f6-1b09bea498aff50f5.jpg

Thanks for all of the replies. The range of sounds produced by these pickups is pretty amazing, and fits my sound perfectly. I was going to wait for an NF53 to show up but the price difference is just too great.

Thanks for all of the replies. The range of sounds produced by these pickups is pretty amazing, and fits my sound perfectly. I was going to wait for an NF53 to show up but the price difference is just too great.
100%. I’m sure the NF53 is a great guitar, but I’m a Tele player and I think the Vela with the bridge humbucker tapped is plenty Tele-sounding, probably no less Tele-sounding than the NF53. Plus it just looks cooler.

Between solid body and semi-hollow, I've found the principal difference is in the lower midrange. There's less 'oomph' and twang with the semi-hollow, it's a softer sound. But the body cavity resonance gives it a cool vibe.

You've really got to play both to know for sure what will suit you.

I've owned both, and as previously mentioned, they're more similar than they are different. The solid has a touch more bite/twang, the semi a touch more chime, but both can cover the same territory pretty well. I did a comparison video here:

Always remember, Velas are magical!!

Love my Vela (solid body/satin), have a NF53 on pre-order. Going to be real interesting to compare them. I'm suspecting the Vela will be the more "tele" sounding and the NF53 more of a twangy p90 LP jnr vibe sonically

Back