Vela comfort/fit - coming from strats

I have been meaning to ask you Aahzz, considering you seem to be a Vela enthusiast, how much difference do you hear in the Semi-Hollow vs Hard Body? Is the tone dramatically different? If not, i would opt for the semi-hollow for the lower weight, but if the tone is a whole new game, I would need to listen more before I made a decision. There is a more likely chance of a snowball surviving in hell than me getting to try both in person before I buy, so reaching out to you for your thoughts on this! Thanks for any light you can shed!

They're more similar than different, and it makes me go back and forth on which is my favorite. The best I can say is that the solid has a little more twang, the semi-hollow has a bit more chime. This week I'm preferring the Semi. Next week I'll probably flip back to the solid. Semi is a touch more lush, the solid is a bit bolder.

As for weight, both of my weigh in at 6 pounds even, so no savings on the Semi, but the solid is obviously no heavyweight.

They're more similar than different, and it makes me go back and forth on which is my favorite. The best I can say is that the solid has a little more twang, the semi-hollow has a bit more chime. This week I'm preferring the Semi. Next week I'll probably flip back to the solid. Semi is a touch more lush, the solid is a bit bolder.

As for weight, both of my weigh in at 6 pounds even, so no savings on the Semi, but the solid is obviously no heavyweight.
VG! Thanks for that feedback. Very surprised the semi-hollow does not weigh less, but each guitars weight is different even when same wood as we know, so understood! I can handle 6 lbs!!! At least for a few more years I hope!

Happy pickin'!
MW

As RickP Mentioned, there are lots of good dealers out there. There are 91 brand new Velas currently available on Reverb from dealers.

I agree and would have went somewhere else if I had cash in hand (waiting on the sale of my 93 G & L ASAT). Sweetwater was running a special of 3 years no interest on their card and I had a 0 balance with them. They let me go ahead and lock in that deal.

The good news is I was browsing their site this morning and saw that they had gotten a charcoal one in stock so I called my rep and had him switch colors for me. I'll have it this week.

I agree and would have went somewhere else if I had cash in hand (waiting on the sale of my 93 G & L ASAT). Sweetwater was running a special of 3 years no interest on their card and I had a 0 balance with them. They let me go ahead and lock in that deal.

The good news is I was browsing their site this morning and saw that they had gotten a charcoal one in stock so I called my rep and had him switch colors for me. I'll have it this week.

Sweet!!!!

Aw yeah!

Back