Value on a 1987 PRS Custom 24

CaptainSexy

Hello folks! Im GASing on a vintage PRS these days and theres a dude living a couple of hours away from me that has a 1987 PRS Custom 24 in Pearl Black. Its all original except from a refret a couple of years ago. He's asking about 2400$ US, i live in Norway so the prices are a bit higher here.

So i was wondering whats the value on these guitars?

Picture:

That price seems low for that guitar. I would check it out very thoroughly. At that price it would be acceptable to maybe have a setup professionally done or replace a worn out trem.

The last used guitar I bought was refretted at some point. It wasn't done very well and parts of the fretboard were damaged and glued back on. This wasn't disclosed to me by the seller BUT I got it cheap enough to have those issues repaired. The only problem..............it still has those dang winged tuners.

My bad ! Its a Standard yes :) Serialnumber 7 3249. I have a beautiful Suhr Modern Custom Andy Wood Spec and if im going to buy the PRS i have to sell it. Its really tough choice :S

I'd go check it out and look and the refret, make sure playability is good. An ebay search of sold listings should help you. Seems like a good price, I think I'd buy it as long as it sounded and played good.

Back