Ultraphonix

vchizzle

Zomb!e Nine, DFZ
This is kinda my favorite new music that’s come out for awhile. It’s interesting, not super predictable and filled with a lot of great musicianship. The video songs are not my faves, so check out the whole album if you can.

Corey Glover and George Lynch together, it’s different than I expected. I like it way more than I expected to. Great rhythm section too, the bass player floors me.

The album seems to get more funky and improvisational as you go through and get towards the end.

I glanced at the pictures when I first opened the thread and thought "heywaitaminnnit! That looks like Corey Glover." Lynch and Glover, eh? Must take a listen!

"Another Day" was obviously meant to be easy on the ears, so of course I liked the other two better!

Two comments about the "Walk Run Crawl" video:
- I kept expecting something horrible was coming, a la Alien or Pitch Black.
- Lister, Rimmer, The Cat, Kochanski... Which of the band members is which? :p:D

Glad to see George back in the mix.

Back in the mix? Jake E. Lee is back in the mix. Lynch has put out 9 CDs since 2014! Granted, it was with 5 different groups. Actually, counting this one, it would be 10.

Ok, that works. A bit kooky in places and the videos are kinda funny, but George does interestingly odd stuff and a Glover adds class, clarity, and power. And yeah, that bass player is insane!

Tracks 6-11 are my favorites.

Ok, that works. A bit kooky in places and the videos are kinda funny, but George does interestingly odd stuff and a Glover adds class, clarity, and power. And yeah, that bass player is insane!
For the most part, I love what George does on this. He has some typical George solo lines here and there, but overall he does some different things, plays with a lot less gain and doesn’t shred all over the place in unneeded spots. He’s pretty tasteful. I like the odd stuff he does.

Back in the mix? Jake E. Lee is back in the mix. Lynch has put out 9 CDs since 2014! Granted, it was with 5 different groups. Actually, counting this one, it would be 10.
Yeah, he’s a busy dude. Most of it I’m not into. I liked Dokken in the 80’s and the first Lynch Mob album but I was young for that some that stuff so it’s not anything I still listen too. I love that he’s branched out. The KXM stuff is more my thing and I thing this album is great. I get excited listening to this.

Yeah, he’s a busy dude. Most of it I’m not into. I liked Dokken in the 80’s and the first Lynch Mob album but I was young for that some that stuff so it’s not anything I still listen too. I love that he’s branched out. The KXM stuff is more my thing and I thing this album is great. I get excited listening to this.

I've been a fan all along, since I was "of that age" in the 80s. Some of his 2000s stuff I haven't cared for. This is cool, though.

Back