Truss rod woes

Did you ever find a solution to your truss rod rattle?? I have the same guitar with same symptoms exactly. Waited a long time to get one of these guitars, and it fails me on an open G.
No I didn't. Fortunately, it doesn't register through the amp, so I kind of forget about it until I strum an unplugged open chord. I am pretty sure it is the truss rod. Since (I think) it is not removeable from the neck, I can't inject something in there to make stop vibrating against the wood. I've seen some drill a hole behind the neck, fill in some grease (or something else, don't remember) and plug the hole with a dowel. I also thought of drilling a tiny hole by the nut, going at an angle into the channel and inject liquid grease or something.

Would you please let me know if you find a solution or if you send it to PRS and with what results ?

Last edited:
Did you ever loosen the truss rod? I've had so many issues like this setting up SEs and it like it's always a different solution. From a high neck pickup, to fret heights, to simple truss adjustments and TINY saddle adjustment, to replacing the nut. In any case the issue is usually just troubleshooting and fixable.

If the buzzing doesn't register in the amp...and your happy...it's fine. Leave it.

I have two new Prs SE guitars with serious noise coming from the tross rod. One Silver Sky SE and a DGT.
Returned the DGT and the shop said they will contact the importer to clear out if it is covered by warranty. It’s a week ago now. I thought that was strange. A new guitar should not have any noises coming from the truss rod.
I wanted to buy my first Prs SE since they got so good reviews but so long I have returned four guitars with issues.
Anyway, I will post the full story later on, when I hopefully have received a good SE that is a keeper, but I do not have high hopes for that to happen any time soon…

Back