Truss rod sticking out- Is this normal?

Nah. I saw other ones have this stamp too. Here's one: https://sheshreds.com/neck-adjustment/
Does your guitar have Brazilian rosewood on it?

Maybe that number is some Brazilian rose wood identifier for the CITES stuff!
I have one with BRW. If I get a chance I will check it. I don't remember seeing anything when I did the setup on it but that has been a good while ago. Mine came with a letter and says built for US only on the back of the headstock.

My 2022 Custom has a number stamped under the cover, too.
Does your guitar have Brazilian rosewood on it?

No, Indian. It's just off the shelf Core CU24, 35th anniversary.

The code on mine is 1003. It's probably a production line stamp or something
So far all of them I have seen pictures of have a 1003 on them. I wonder when they started stamping them and why. I have never seen this before the first post in this thread.

I have had a good number of PRS guitars in my hands and this is completely new to me. I have had the truss rod cover off of most of the ones I have had in my hands too. I am sure if any of mine had that number I would have seen it and started asking questions a long time ago. The only one I have that I didn't need to adjust is the Studio that I bought late last year so that one could have had it but I had not seen it yet. I checked it yesterday and it is not stamped.

The mystery continues.

So far all of them I have seen pictures of have a 1003 on them. I wonder when they started stamping them and why. I have never seen this before the first post in this thread.

I have had a good number of PRS guitars in my hands and this is completely new to me. I have had the truss rod cover off of most of the ones I have had in my hands too. I am sure if any of mine had that number I would have seen it and started asking questions a long time ago. The only one I have that I didn't need to adjust is the Studio that I bought late last year so that one could have had it but I had not seen it yet. I checked it yesterday and it is not stamped.

The mystery continues.
Just email Customer Support :)

Reading through this thread got me curious, so I took the cover off of my 513 with the all Brazilian neck. Yes, the truss nut looks like that and, no, there is no number stamped on it. This is a 2007 model. The serial number is stamped, but nothing under the truss cover.

I was thinking about doing that. If it starts to drive me nuts, I probably will. :)
You seem bothered more than I ever was ;) But, as I said, I just assumed it's an assembly line thing. Maybe a neck station guy number or something. I can't see any other reason. There's nothing special about my guitar. Well, it is very special to me, but construction-wise, it's just off the shelf 24-08. It's older than an OPs guitar, assuming his guitar is new; mine is two years old. So it's not a year code or anything.

Edit: actually, mine is 2020 (time flies when you are having fun), same as OPs... May be a date code, tho

You seem bothered more than I ever was ;) But, as I said, I just assumed it's an assembly line thing. Maybe a neck station guy number or something. I can't see any other reason. There's nothing special about my guitar. Well, it is very special to me, but construction-wise, it's just off the shelf 24-08. It's older than an OPs guitar, assuming his guitar is new; mine is two years old. So it's not a year code or anything.
I wouldn't say I am "bothered" by it. It is more curiosity. I have been pretty deep into PRS guitars since 2006 and have seen many things. This is a new one for me.

Hmmm, that is interesting.

Beth @ Customer Support sent me this

"The numbers stamped under the truss rod cover were for our use for compliance purposes. We no longer use these markings.

I hope this email finds you well. We appreciate your interest in PRS.

Have a great week"

Whoohoo, I have Compliance-Era PRS

Back