Tremolo Arm Mystery

TRM

Hi folks,

Been trying to identify and source a bit of custom hardware on the CE24 I bought earlier this year. I just purchased a 513 and would like to have the identical setup...and primarily the Arm itself.

When I got the CE24 (2016) the seller indicated he upgraded to a Mann Vibrato...but I have no part number or materials to identify what the actual system is.

The 513 has the stock PRS (it's a 2012 model).

The arms actually are different in diameter as well as length. The stock PRS arm is a tad thicker - enough to not be interchangeable as far as I can tell. The longer arm is what I've been trying to find - primarily, to put on the 513. But I suspect because of diameter difference I'll have to change the entire piece of kit. Which isn't a problem.

You can see from the pictures that the Mann arm extends almost to the base of the neck when in the same angle as the PRS arm on the 513.

Thanks in advance for any insight you may have to this little mystery.

CE24
IMG_2298.jpg

IMG_2299.jpg

Arms side-by-side
IMG_2300.jpg

Hi folks,

Been trying to identify and source a bit of custom hardware on the CE24 I bought earlier this year. I just purchased a 513 and would like to have the identical setup...and primarily the Arm itself.

When I got the CE24 (2016) the seller indicated he upgraded to a Mann Vibrato...but I have no part number or materials to identify what the actual system is.

The 513 has the stock PRS (it's a 2012 model).

The arms actually are different in diameter as well as length. The stock PRS arm is a tad thicker - enough to not be interchangeable as far as I can tell. The longer arm is what I've been trying to find - primarily, to put on the 513. But I suspect because of diameter difference I'll have to change the entire piece of kit. Which isn't a problem.

You can see from the pictures that the Mann arm extends almost to the base of the neck when in the same angle as the PRS arm on the 513.

Thanks in advance for any insight you may have to this little mystery.

CE24
IMG_2298.jpg

IMG_2299.jpg

Arms side-by-side
IMG_2300.jpg

This is what you want.

https://store.guitarvaultusa.com/PRS_NOS_Vibrato_Bridge_p/2000nos.htm

John Mann designed the original trem way back in the 80s. The NOS 2000 is the one piece unit. He also makes a two pice that is a little cheaper (cost). The NOS2000 is awesome!

Yeah, not sure I believe the seller. The two piece trem John offers would have a big old stamp of MannMade on the base, and the CE arm looks like the plain old SE arm or the more modern arm from whatever source PRS uses now. You can see that little ball/rounded end on the bottom tip of the arm. Maybe he just meant he replaced the saddles?

Aside from that, there has historically always been some discrepancies in the length and pitch of the arms. Holler at John Mann like Bodia suggests, he and Roxanne will set you up.

Yeah, not sure I believe the seller. The two piece trem John offers would have a big old stamp of MannMade on the base, and the CE arm looks like the plain old SE arm or the more modern arm from whatever source PRS uses now. You can see that little ball/rounded end on the bottom tip of the arm. Maybe he just meant he replaced the saddles?

Aside from that, there has historically always been some discrepancies in the length and pitch of the arms. Holler at John Mann like Bodia suggests, he and Roxanne will set you up.
I agree. Possibly they meant one of the Mannmade upgrade kits for SE/S2? Since the CE has the same trem as SEs and S2s (I believe).

Yeah I'd like to see some more pics of the bridge on the CE. Description and pics definitely lead me to believe the arm on the CE is the typical one for the Asian-made PRS version.

i like the longer arms as well. I use an old Hipshot arm on my CU22. It's thicker like the USA PRS, but longer like the Asian PRS.

Hi folks, thanks for the help and discussion. So the seller got back to me on the CE24. He indicated that he only swapped in the block, saddles, mounting screws and springs from Mann. The trem plate and arm are OE PRS.

For fun I ordered an arm from PRS...that looks to be like the one I'm looking for. Fingers crossed.

Hi folks, thanks for the help and discussion. So the seller got back to me on the CE24. He indicated that he only swapped in the block, saddles, mounting screws and springs from Mann. The trem plate and arm are OE PRS.

For fun I ordered an arm from PRS...that looks to be like the one I'm looking for. Fingers crossed.

Note that the SE/S2/CE arm is quite a bit thinner than the USA PRS or Mann arm. Not sure if you'll be able to tighten the collar enough.

The bridge on the CE appears to be the stock bridge, which is the same as the SE version.
My original bridge (2000NOS) is a 1 pc casting that would say "Mil-Com Ind Inc" on the block. There would be no flathead screws under the saddles
If it was my 2040 version , you would see the "MannMade USA" logo engraved on the top plate in front of the saddles.

The arms are NOT interchangeable... but I can make you a custom arm to fit your 513
Contact me directly.

Back