Tone Furnace pups in Custom 22 SE Semi - hollow & question about Se 22s

philg

Hello,

I'm new here and pretty new to guitar (practicing a few years - I'm a sax player)

I went to GC in NYC and tried a semi-hollow 22 Custom SE, the tag said Tone Furnace, also that it was a special GC model, does that sound right?

I'm asking because I liked the sound more than anything else I tried. Also liked both that one and the regular Custom 22 SE in videos.

I went to try SE 24 because I'd like a trem (I use the one on my Strat) I but liked the sound of the 22s I tried better.

Can anyone offer an opinion about older Custom 22s that have trems - how the sound and feel compare to the current 22 Custom SE ? I liked both the wide thin and wide fat necks. Any years to look for or avoid?

Thanks!

Welcome to the site.
It may be a special order for them as the all black Tone Furnace pups normally only come on the non semi SE Custom 22.
I got my son the new SE Semi Hollow Custom 22 and I think it is the best SE I have ever played, and I own quite a few SEs.

I also find the wide/fat neck of the new Custom 22 is thinner than other wide/fat necked SEs I own.
I like it!

Late message, but I'll chime in and agree with CoreyT. Best SE I have ever played. I chanced upon this guitar last week and was just blown away by the overall design and execution.

Now is a good time to buy a pre 2017 CE models. A lot of dealers bought out the remaining stock of prior models and are offering some really nice deals on them. Search out a few of the larger PRS dealers and you will find some good prices making this line the best bang for your buck anywhere.

Back