three pickups

any triple bucker prs guitars oot thur?
Check out the Chris Henderson model.
And the original PRS SE Zach Myers model:

z82xc5mirzfoty908x5x.jpg

I'm an Earvana endorser (compensated nut) but only on my 24 & 3/4 scale archtops. I believe it makes a difference everywhere. Remember, the guitar is not a tempered instrument. Without the Earvana, I felt it necessary to do a retuning depending on what part of the neck I was using. I also have compensated rosewood bridges on my archtops. On PRS, I don't feel the need at all. YMMV depending on your hearing.

My first good electric, before I discovered the joy of the stratocaster, was an Ibanez Les Paul knockoff that weighed more than any guitar I’ve felt since - probable almost as much as the VW Beetle I hauled it around in. Had three humbuckers and I never had a clue what they all did or even how the switches and knobs worked. But it had an ebony fretboard and, to this day, was one of the best playing guitars I’ve ever owned. I somehow just stumbled into a blues sound I liked - no idea which or how many pickups I had on - and just basically never changed it after that. That’s one I wish I’d kept, but I was too new to realize what I had and that all guitars didn’t play that well. This was 1978 and I probably paid $250 for it.

My first good electric, before I discovered the joy of the stratocaster, was an Ibanez Les Paul knockoff that weighed more than any guitar I’ve felt since - probable almost as much as the VW Beetle I hauled it around in. Had three humbuckers and I never had a clue what they all did or even how the switches and knobs worked. But it had an ebony fretboard and, to this day, was one of the best playing guitars I’ve ever owned. I somehow just stumbled into a blues sound I liked - no idea which or how many pickups I had on - and just basically never changed it after that. That’s one I wish I’d kept, but I was too new to realize what I had and that all guitars didn’t play that well. This was 1978 and I probably paid $250 for it.

in the 80s i got a used ibanez artist (burst, hollowbody with f-holes, gold quick change stop tail, EBONY BOARD) like the one john scofield played. i was 17 so of course i traded it for something stupid.

Back