Thought Experiment - Write Like You Speak.

I'm much more saracstic and condescending in person. Written language is supposed to be a far more concise conveyance and, dare I say, polite. And I tend not to use as many $3 words when I'm writing. Being vociferous took years to perfect so F-- this insolent drivel! It's nowhere as fun to insert '*********' in a guitar discussion. A precisely executed f-bomb in a technical dissertation can be a very powerful instrument of prose. Holy 'thought Flurry' Batman!

Meh...I need a drink.

That should be 30s and kids if you want to indicate the plural and not the possessive. It would have been correct to say really quickly, and not real quick, though it would be better form not to use the two words together.

Put that in your kids' curriculum and quit screwing up yourself, Dad. ;)

Hello! For the same reason you used the possessive (and wrong capitalization), Doc's instead of the plural, docs: confusion over how to write the language. :hello:

I think Ruger and I were the only ones who didn't fall asleep in our third grade English classes.

Auto correction did it and I wasn't paying attention . Another slip-up is "PRS's".

Writing "like I speak" is pretty much what I do since proper speaking is the way I was reared. Spending the past 30 years as a journalist has pretty much cemented my speaking and writing style. What you've just read is what you will hear in person.

Same here. Military training also reinforced my speech and writing.

Back