Think PRS will ever make a Tele?

Trying to defend any idea there kind of is. You can say what you think once and walk away, but as soon as you defend a statement, you are inviting the thugs that have nothing better to do than beat you into submission. It’s part of the antisocial media culture.
Well, I even joked here about "let the fun begin" because I knew there would be some response, but boy, they get nasty and start insulting you personally and picking on every single thing you say.

I compared a service request with EBMM to what I had experienced with PRS and Taylor and 3 pages later their still grilling me on why I "expected" free shipping after the warranty was up... which was never the point. I need to be more like Tag and just laugh at all the clowns instead of defending myself against the insults.

Well, I even joked here about "let the fun begin" because I knew there would be some response, but boy, they get nasty and start insulting you personally and picking on every single thing you say.

I compared a service request with EBMM to what I had experienced with PRS and Taylor and 3 pages later their still grilling me on why I "expected" free shipping after the warranty was up... which was never the point. I need to be more like Tag and just laugh at all the clowns instead of defending myself against the insults.
Howie, when you hear/read/experience this kind of behaviour, it’s make us realise how lucky we are on this forum.

Unfortunately not everyone can be as pleasant as our merry band PRS people.

Howie, when you hear/read/experience this kind of behaviour, it’s make us realise how lucky we are on this forum.

Unfortunately not everyone can be as pleasant as our merry band PRS people.

Yes, maybe this "cult" thing is not so bad afterall. :p:p:p I swear, that's a trigger word for me. When people roll that one out, I get ticked immediately. Bunch of dillholes!

I'm kinda glad now that I can't remember where I saw that reference DTR spoke out on. Sounds like a very unfriendly site with far to many opinionated a$$wipes with a God complex. There are some places that exist where even a glimmer of kinship outside the accepted circle can be tantamount to inciting a riot. One thing I've learned of my years on this rock of ours, when you enter into a pi$$ing match with a band of skunks, you all end up with a helluva stink.
Sorry if I threw some salt into an open wound with my $.02 on the subject. Life's just too short to be a miserable jerk, but some would rather sling mud than listen to reasonable argument or even irrefutable evidence.

Oh shut up!

why-i-outta.gif

Of course you can’t see the video - you just got poked in the eyes!

“I only said Kennedy is good enough for this Telecaster”

“No one is to poke anyone’s eyes until I blow this whistle. Do you understand? Even if, and let me make this perfectly clear, even if they do say Telecaster”

Looks fine to me.
Nyuk! Eh!!

Sorry Eh!

I've never been a TGP member, and threads like this remind me why. I'm skimming a few pages every night, but good lord. It's amusing to see how many people are hating on PRS guitars while proclaiming they have nothing against them or the people that play them. And the couple guys I've seen who say "I've never seen one in the wild" - please. You're not getting out or you're not seeing or working with a variety of bands. I see a PRS just about every other show I go to. I'm not going to say I've seen every model, but I've seen Silver Skys.

And I know DTR was just poking the bear with the thread, but the people who are taking the whole 'greatest Tele' thing seriously... Is PRS going to make the greatest Tele ever? No, they're not. And not because Leo got it right the first time, or because only Fender can do it. It's because there is no such thing as the greatest Tele ever. Every guitar - every one - is going to be a guitar that someone doesn't like for whatever reason.

I am somewhat chagrined that I didn't anticipate the appearance of the Stainless Steel Crusader. Should have seen that coming.

I've never been a TGP member
I have been a member (technically still am), but it was for pedals and effects research, I pretty much avoided the rest of the site for obvious reasons. And even in the Pedals area the threads get quite weird and scandalous for no useful reason. Though it was quite amusing to see the deconstruction of certain "boutique pedal" sellers who were completely ripping people off (their customers and the original circuit board designers).

Now I just scroll through the site when on a specific research mission but not logged in, since I can't be bothered to try to ask questions which just elicit useless responses nor "help out" the helpless. And even then...it's been months since I last looked for useful info there - now I just go straight to YouTube for reviews and sample audio.

... opinionated a$$wipes with a God complex.
Well, TGP does have a large contingent of those who do not practice as they preach, as it were. Comes with the territory. I will leave it at that.

I've been a member on TGP for years. Most of my time is spent in the vintage section where there are a number of very knowledgeable & helpful people. If you think PRS bashing is bad, you should try discussing why you like vintage guitars there. Let's face it, there is just a subset of people that are going to crap on any thread. It doesn't matter what you like, someone will let you know why you're wrong.

Back