There can be only one: Fiore vs S2 24-08

Jimmy

See subject. I have both of these guitars and I’m going minimalist to only have a single electric (gasp!). Love them both, but hate the anxiety of having multiple guitar choices on my rack and the upkeep. Sway me!

I guess it depends on your "needs" both cover a bunch of ground sonically with a very slight edge to the Fiore in the versitallity dept for me I would pick the Fiore for the maple neck and longer scale because I sound better that way.

I played an SE 24-08. Not a fan of the pickup on it. Left me very underwhelmed. It’s the same thing in the s2 line if I recall. I suggest keeping the Fiore. Or if you really want a one guitar for them all : Paul’s guitar se. The coil tap is tremendous

I would be in the 'keep the core' camp, if you are not abvioudly drawn to one or the other.

If I was keeping one guitar only (which I could never do) it would have to be something with a fixed bridge to make tuning easier. The thought of tuning a floating bridge to another tuning is enough to make me want to quit playing forever lol

One's a Superstrat, having the glassier tone of a Strat at its heart, with its maple bolt-on neck, the steel bridge, the scale length and pickups. It feels like a Strat and sounds like a Strat.

The other has the warmer tone of the mahogany neck/rosewood fretboard/mahogany-maple sandwich/glued in neck. It feels and sounds like the classic PRS.

Since they're so different, the choice is simple. What's your preferred tone, and which suits your music?

If the answer is both, then you need two guitars, and don't sell one.

I would think it comes down to 2-humbucker versus the 3-pickup "superstrat" setup. If you find yourself more on the neck/middle settings of the Fiore, stick with that guitar. If you find yourself more on the bridge pickup of the Fiore OR on the neck humbucker of the 24-08, then stick with the 24-08.

Thanks all. Exactly the feedback I was looking for. You’re the reason this forum is so great!

You don’t want a backup? Pro tip: always have a backup - for everything.

Keep both.
I had one guitar from 1967-1989. Never needed more than one, did plenty of gigs, and even sessions for my ad work with only one guitar, and I've made my living at this stuff for 32 years.

In fact, there have been several points since '89 that I've gotten down to one really special guitar, as recently as 2014 with the McCarty Singlecut PS that's still my #1.

Had one amp on hand at a time for many years, too, especially when I was playing Two-Rocks. Didn't need more.

Alternative Pro tip: We're all different! Gotta do what feels right for you. :)

Last edited:
I had one guitar from 1967-1989. Never needed more than one, did plenty of gigs, and even sessions for my ad work with only one guitar, and I've made my living at this stuff for 32 years.

In fact, there have been several points since '89 that I've gotten down to one really special guitar, as recently as 2014 with the McCarty Singlecut PS that's still my #1.

Had one amp on hand at a time for many years, too, especially when I was playing Two-Rocks. Didn't need more.

Alternative Pro tip: We're all different! Gotta do what feels right for you. :)
I’m not that far off in the early days. More instruments, but very different character.
1970 - cheap bass
1973 - good bass, which is still my only one. I carved the first one up in the name of science and disposed of it when I was finished
1977 - added a decent classical
1982 - added a good steel string
1985 - added an electric
1989 - upgraded the electric, kept the original as a loaner
1996 - started getting silly

I’m not that far off in the early days. More instruments, but very different character.
1970 - cheap bass
1973 - good bass, which is still my only one. I carved the first one up in the name of science and disposed of it when I was finished
1977 - added a decent classical
1982 - added a good steel string
1985 - added an electric
1989 - upgraded the electric, kept the original as a loaner
1996 - started getting silly
I love the "started getting silly" bit. Cracks me up! :)

Back