The Reclaimed Limited speculation thread

rugerpc

A♥ hoards guitars ♥A Soldier 25, DFZ
So, a couple of things...

Without quoting actual prices, what do you think these guitars are going to go for a month after the last new one is sold? Are they going to hold their value? Will they command a premium? Will they fade as a fad?

There are already two NEW RLs listed on Reverb for hundreds over MAP (minimum advertised price). Is this scalping, or a sign of things to come?

And related, What will the next RL run be? I really doubt that Paul has exhausted all of the reclaimed wood available, Brazil's Atlantic forest is a big place and the people there have been building structures for hundreds of years.

This run of guitars has been wildly successful. The dealers I have talked with tell me that they could have sold many, many more than they can get their hands on.

How cool would it be to see a McCarty Hollowbody II in Peroba Rosa? That could put a serious dent in my PS fund.

Paul and the Gang know what they are doing...I suspect this is the tip of the iceberg...

As to your pricing question...I think there will initially be a premium paid to resellers for these guitars, until the "newness" wears off or the next RL comes along. I sure hope the scalping thing gets taken care of...

Is it ok for them to price hike it like that?

I'm not a dealer so I have no idea what is in the fine print.

It's a really cool thing that people like and want these.

As to selling over MAP, the M stands for minimum. Supply and demand...there's no maximum someone can charge.

I don't see the scalping as a problem. The market is the market and people who are really smitten (and maybe a bit foolish) will pay a premium to get on the wagon.

Even while the wagon is still being built and hasn't left the wainwright yet, apparently.

It's a really cool thing that people like and want these.

As to selling over MAP, the M stands for minimum. Supply and demand...there's no maximum someone can charge.

I don't see the scalping as a problem. The market is the market and people who are really smitten (and maybe a bit foolish) will pay a premium to get on the wagon.

Even while the wagon is still being built and hasn't left the wainwright yet, apparently.

This is all true. I'm simply expressing my grumpiness of getting hosed on my taxes and not having a gear fund anymore. I saw the announcement for these and my wife heard me gasp from across the room. These RL (man...I want one of them Velas!) is the first of probably many primo PRS offerings I will only be drooling about over the next 12 months. So I pass on this run, put the PS build on a longer leash, etc...( no...I'm NOT selling the new HXDA:cool:!) Like I say to my wife...can't I just gripe and be grumpy for a little bit?? :mad: It too shall pass:)

I'd love to see PRS bring back DC3, 305 to do the next reclaimed run.
I feel those guitars were really underappreciated.

I'd love to see PRS bring back DC3, 305 to do the next reclaimed run.
I feel those guitars were really underappreciated.
Oh my, a semi-hollow RL 305, maple neck with some nice reclaimed exotic fretboard wood, and a reclaimed top full of character on an ash or alder body?!! TAKE MY MONEY NOW!

I speculate that it will be difficult to find peroba rosa in thick enough pieces to make a fully carved PRS top. I speculate that it's one driver that led the run to be CE and S2 based. The boards I've seen in the pics seem a bit thin, which makes sense to me because they said it was used for siding on homes.

I saw one on Reverb for 2 grand today. Im glad natural wood guitars do nothing for me otherwise i might be a little lighter in the pockets these days. These guitars look like my dads dream kitchen flooring.

Must save for 594... Must save for 594...

Since we're speculating, why not just combine the latest PRS' insanities. 1+1 =3 :confused:
RL satin 594
Singlecut for me please!

"Maybe" a bit more economical with the satin finish and within financial grasping range.

Well, I thought that the reason for the reclaimed being a limited run was a limit source of that type of wood, or at least the batch they bought... So theorically there could be other limited runs, but of something very different.

The scalpers are doing what everybody else does with limited availability items. Opportunists and nothing more.
There is a possibility that these 2 guitars are nothing more than thermometers, taking the temperature of those of us so inclined to buy into such a radical departure from a company known for dipped in glass exceptional maple tops.
Well... Paul got his answer alright.
There could easily be a pile more wood available with nothing stopping them but "what to do with it next". More Vela would be a no brainer.
I'll take a P245 semi please. Or a S2 semi with piezo and a wide fat neck.
Doit doit...

The market dictates itself. If scalping is rampant then they were initially underpriced, plain and simple. We'll see what happens with these down the road...my guess is overall they will not increase in price but will hold their value more than most guitars (relative to the new/sale price)

That said, selfishly, I will have no problem if they increase in value as I was able to get one.

Doing more releases like this will also decrease demand for these methinks. Given the success I don't see how PRS does NOT do this...though now they know to increase the price a bit (relatively)

I suspect that PRSh's wood buyer's are out there right now finding the next limited run wood source as we speak. Maybe not in Brazil, but somewhere.

This is all true. I'm simply expressing my grumpiness of getting hosed on my taxes and not having a gear fund anymore. I saw the announcement for these and my wife heard me gasp from across the room. These RL (man...I want one of them Velas!) is the first of probably many primo PRS offerings I will only be drooling about over the next 12 months. So I pass on this run, put the PS build on a longer leash, etc...( no...I'm NOT selling the new HXDA:cool:!) Like I say to my wife...can't I just gripe and be grumpy for a little bit?? :mad: It too shall pass:)

Would it help you feel better if I said that you buying my HXDA allowed me to order my Vela? Probably not. :( How about if I say it's yours in spirit? ;)

Back