The Photo Booth

165963_10150877925367412_68023603_n.jpg

Local guitarist?

577627_10150838802642412_1445468109_n.jpg

Pedals and stuff.

576307_10150777934867412_1507964338_n.jpg

Discovery is docked in its hanger - about four miles from my front door.

Snaps of random New Zealand scenery :

Me with sis and hubby with Kaikoura Bay behind us ( I'm the pretty one in the hat :) ) :

And me in my slightly younger, slightly less robust days. I think this was my second trip to Thailand:
( I reckon I could've took the little one :D )

Last edited:
539873_10151813247180066_337235559_n.jpg

My latest acquisition - late 1955 Fender Narrow Panel 5E3 Tweed Deluxe. All original except handle and 3 prong plug for safety.

Here's a little background...

Long, Long Ago, in a galaxy, well, right here...

YouareHere.jpg

Something Happened. Something Amazing...

apetrans.jpg

Followed shortly by the invention of the Power Chord...

ape4.jpg

Hey! That's MY baby! I'm so excited to get that thing back. I can't wait! Thank you to Shawn and PTC for doing this customization for me - it looks awesome!

Ok I gotta know more details , was it a standard finished neck ? Can it be done to a neck that is black on the back?

We can do this with any finish. The new maple necks already have a satin feel to them so they wouldn't need this type of treatment. But for anyone with a glossy neck and who may want a satin fel, this is available.

We can do this with any finish. The new maple necks already have a satin feel to them so they wouldn't need this type of treatment. But for anyone with a glossy neck and who may want a satin fel, this is available.

Ok well I have a glossy neck and I'm thinking that the satin finish would get me closer to the feel like on the rosewood neck of my MEQ. I called the main phone # on the PTC page and left a mesage. I'm guessing they will forward message to whomever need be and get in touch with me. Thanks Shawn

It's my guitar, South. It is a 25th anniversary Custom 24 in Smoked Amber. Original finish - very glossy and very beautiful. I struggled with whether or not to Satin it because I didn't dislike the original finish! I just figured I'd like a satin one even more! And... I DO! It's amazing! Really fast and silky, no "smudge feel" and the PTC crew was FAST, friendly, and awesome to work with! I highly recommend it if you like satin! I'm just "down the street" in Richmond, VA - come by and play it sometime! :)

Shawn - thanks for everything! I really love the way this turned out!

I'm happy to post more pictures if anyone would like to see more, by the way...

Back