The one that almost got purchased.

gush

Where is that speedo pic
So.......I saw a SAS going for a really low price on ebay. I thought I should throw my hat in the ring and bid, so I did. I'll never get it at that price? ???

Kept checking over the weekend and I held the high bid! There is noooooo way it will go that cheap. Well 20 seconds to go and I still have the high bid! I have different emotions flying around......what do I need another guitar for?????? What upgrade parts will I end up buying??????? It would be super cool!!!!!!

8 seconds to go and BOOM a new high bid. DANG IT! Remorse, relief WTH?????

I have to remember that I don't need a bidding war since I have guitars that I'm really happy with so I'll get my mind right again and lurk in the shadows.

This is why I stay away from eBay! I don't need this stress in my life. Plus, I'm an idiot! I'd end up,out bidding myself!

It's a little cheesy but I've found most of the time you need to be the sniper, or sitting and being ready for one to snipe your bid...

It's a little cheesy but I've found most of the time you need to be the sniper, or sitting and being ready for one to snipe your bid...

When I was bidding on my cu24 I watched the auction for the last 30 minutes. I really wanted this guitar too.

I decided beforehand what my limit would be and stuck to that.

In the very last seconds when I was sure it was mine, somebody tossed in a higher bid and I was Mr fumble fingers trying to increase my bid.

The auction ended maybe a second or less after I hit confirm bid. I went to bed thinking it got away.

I did win the auction and I couldn't be happier with this guitar. I put rosewood rings and a mann trem on it and that's the only mods I've done to it. That was my first experience with 5909s and those pickups are what really got my prs juices flowing.

I was two dollars under my limit.

Nice! I've been on both sides of the snipe...I'm one of those "if I don't get it I wasn't meant to have it, another one will come along" guys. It can be excruciating or exhilarating depending on how the coin drops!

Ha, I was watching that one too, against my better judgment.

I've actually been relieved to get outbid sometimes when I've bid against my better judgment.

One time I had a Martin CSN bookmarked. I put in the minimum bid (about 2/3rds of what it was worth). That day the stock market dropped 600 points and no one else bid. Ended up giving it to my son for a birthday present. Funny thing, Ebay.

Back