The Official "Singlecut 594" Love Thread!!

N5D!

SC 594 Core "Black Beauty"!

Unboxing:

IMG_0626_zps4jq1vftx.jpg

Needed new tuner knobs, I tried both Black/Ebony and Ivoroid, liked the Ivoroid better:

IMG_0637_zpsnpoctbj0.jpg

IMG_0634_zpsw5coye9z.jpg

I have a Private Stock ordered but felt I needed something to tide me over until it came in. ;)

Plus I wanted to see how good a Core one was compared to the PS SC 594 Prototype!

First impression, it sounds GREAT!!

(Thanks to Ben Calhoun at Righteous Guitars for getting this to me so quickly, you rock!!)

Fan-friggin-tastic! There's something about single cutaway guitars that makes them look so right in black.

Love a black single cut! Congrats Pete! If it's a good one, drop me a line before it moves on! ;)

Will do. But I must disclose that you are second in line behind BrianC! ;)

And I got third declaration of Dibs tonight via PM. What makes you guys think I would ever sell this? ...Ha! Just kidding, you guys all know this is most likely to tide me over until I develop a crazy and killer collection of Private Stock SC 594's (that probably don't sound any better than this one).

Congrats, Pete. I love it! Black + Binding = Beautiful! Also very glad it lives up to your PS, so far!

Kevin

So I got a chance to play it some more tonight. It is just an absolute ROCK MACHINE! Wow.

The PS Prototype is off the charts, it just has so many subtle nuances of tone and feel (re feel, especially with that special Semi-Gloss Nitro finish that makes it feel like a worn-in baseball glove) that it likely will not be beat by a Core SC 594, but my first impression of this one is that it has 100% as much rock "oomph" as the PS, if not more. It makes no apologies for low output pickups, and does not call for a bridge pickup with more output. It just says "I will take this 7.8K Bridge pickup, and punch you in the face with it!" ;)

It looks really awesome too! My very first PRS was a Black Tremonti I way back in 2001 or so, this reminds me of it in a good way, but even prettier. With the Ivoroid Binding and the 2 Piece Bridge and the Black Finish, it just looks so "right", as a PRS, with a tip of the hat to the past.

I am a happy camper with this new acquisition today!!

Fan-friggin-tastic! There's something about single cutaway guitars that makes them look so right in black.

I think you are right, Garrett! When I first saw a Black DC 594, I dug it, but I could resist it. But when Ben Calhoun sent me pics of this bad boy yesterday, from the moment I saw the pics I was done, game over!! ;)

That went right over my head! I had to Google it. ;)

dimeola.jpg

That does look pretty cool...
Pick your poison, your black 594 is completely bodacious as is. But if I could, I'd go tuxedo. Maybe I will. That, of course, eliminates 58/15 LT pickups, but I bet you could wrangle up some white 85/15s????? How sick would that be? Or something from the Creamery...

I really wish PRS would make white squabbin pickups. I wrote and asked and was told no. I think the white squabbins would look killer in a lot of guitars. I say we start a petition!

Chances are pretty high it's gonna stay a "Black Beauty";)

Likely so. It may even get more Black. And perhaps a little more Gold. More on that later! ;)

So earlier this week I was having a hard time deciding between the Black Beauty, and a Goldtop. They are both so awesome, so classic!...

So earlier this week I was having a hard time deciding between the Black Beauty, and a Goldtop. They are both so awesome, so classic!...

I hate tough decisions. Sometimes it is easier to just not make one!

N5D.

IMG_0647_zpstf7slabl.jpg

Love the dark neck!! That is why I picked this particular one...

IMG_0644_zpsdlrabfyg.jpg

50's Tribute!:

IMG_0652_zpssnkihvge.jpg

Am I becoming a Singlecut guy?!? :)

I hate tough decisions. Sometimes it is easier to just not make one!

N5D.

IMG_0647_zpstf7slabl.jpg

Love the dark neck!! That is why I picked this particular one...

IMG_0644_zpsdlrabfyg.jpg

50's Tribute!:

IMG_0652_zpssnkihvge.jpg

Am I becoming a Singlecut guy?!? :)

Awesome x3!

You can't forsake the double cut, though! Although I initially had zero interest in the SC version (other than seeing others dig them), the black and gold ones pique my interest a little!

I feel like black PRS guitars should have amber lamp shades.

Back