The Official "Singlecut 594" Love Thread!!

Great report, Ironwolf!!

I had covered 5815's put in my SC Prototype this week, I also find them to be absolutely amazing!

What did you get for resistance when you measured the 5815 bridge?

Hi Pete,

It came out perfect in the middle
58/15LT 7.82 k ohms
59/09 9.44 k ohms
85/15 8.55 k ohms
Pearly Gates 8.23 kohms

CjBL1gn.jpg

The pearly gates in the L P has just the slightest edge in one specific region, that being the bottom 4 power chords, The A G F E minor, PG still has a little bit more power And depth, on mid gain. could be the extra 2.7 lbs of mahogany.
I'm actually chalking that up to the Wiring differences in the volume and tone pots most likely.
Because the pearly gates then lose out the battle of responsive picking dynamics string muting and harmonics.
I'm guessing the capacitor that PRS puts in to boost the single coil sound changes things ever so slightly on the humbucker setting but to fantastic benefit in single coil.
Given that tiny observation the 8515's are 96% there, remarkable range on the guitar now, with much more tonal options than the LP.

Incoming!!!! Just so you know, I take no pleasure in this, and I don't feel that I share any blame either... (all your faults)
Now, for time to stand still for several days.......

Kevin
Just a couple of SMALL hints. Out for delivery today. I sure hope my wife is home when it gets here!!!
Kevin
PSF941000-9.jpg
PSF951000-6.jpg

Just a couple of SMALL hints. Out for delivery today. I sure hope my wife is home when it gets here!!!
Kevin
PSF941000-9.jpg
PSF951000-6.jpg

Awwww yeah! I <3 this one! You sound a little scratchy Kevin. You must be coming down with something. Best thing for all, you should take the rest of the day off and get some rest. You wanna nip that cold in the bud.

Awwww yeah! I <3 this one! You sound a little scratchy Kevin. You must be coming down with something. Best thing for all, you should take the rest of the day off and get some rest. You wanna nip that cold in the bud.
I like the thought! The boss gets really angry, though, when I tell her I've bought another guitar that I can't pay for!!!

Kevin

Kevin
PSF941000-9.jpg
PSF951000-6.jpg

Ha! That is so funny, I almost bought that one a couple of weeks ago, and did my best to try to resist.

I broke down and followed up with Steve S at Wildwood to snag it last week, and he informed me that it had just sold that morning! I was hoping it would show up here.

That is a beauty! The only thing that gave me pause was that it was so close in color to my existing SC Prototype, other than that it is about perfect, Steve did a great job with the Spec! Love the the Dragon's Breath finish in the Vintage color, I may do that on a future one. Those etched birds look great too.

Don't worry, I will be okay, my next guitar out of that magical Vault will be a killer SC 594. And my urge last week to get another PS 594 was satisfied in another (yet to be disclosed) way. :)

Can't wait to see your N5D post and pics!!

Also, I look forward to your feeling on the tone. Mine blows me away every time I play it, it is like everything I ever liked about DC and SC 245's, McCarty Singlecuts and DC 594's wrapped into one guitar, with some magic pixie dust sprinkled in to bring a little extra of what in my wildest dreams I would imagine the best possible classic Singlecut would play and sound like... ;)

Hi Pete,

It came out perfect in the middle
58/15LT 7.82 k ohms
59/09 9.44 k ohms
85/15 8.55 k ohms
Pearly Gates 8.23 kohms

CjBL1gn.jpg

The pearly gates in the L P has just the slightest edge in one specific region, that being the bottom 4 power chords, The A G F E minor, PG still has a little bit more power And depth, on mid gain. could be the extra 2.7 lbs of mahogany.
I'm actually chalking that up to the Wiring differences in the volume and tone pots most likely.
Because the pearly gates then lose out the battle of responsive picking dynamics string muting and harmonics.
I'm guessing the capacitor that PRS puts in to boost the single coil sound changes things ever so slightly on the humbucker setting but to fantastic benefit in single coil.
Given that tiny observation the 8515's are 96% there, remarkable range on the guitar now, with much more tonal options than the LP.

I just replaced my 58/15 LT bridge in my 594 with a regular 58/15 and I am much happier. I did keep the LT at the neck.

Here is the resistance:
58/15LT Bridge 7.77 k ohms
58/15 Bridge 8.91 k ohms
85/15 Neck 8.01 k ohms

Ha! That is so funny, I almost bought that one a couple of weeks ago, and did my best to try to resist.

I broke down and followed up with Steve S at Wildwood to snag it last week, and he informed me that it had just sold that morning! I was hoping it would show up here.

That is a beauty! The only thing that gave me pause was that it was so close in color to my existing SC Prototype, other than that it is about perfect, Steve did a great job with the Spec! Love the the Dragon's Breath finish in the Vintage color, I may do that on a future one. Those etched birds look great too.

Don't worry, I will be okay, my next guitar out of that magical Vault will be a killer SC 594. And my urge last week to get another PS 594 was satisfied in another (yet to be disclosed) way. :)

Can't wait to see your N5D post and pics!!

Also, I look forward to your feeling on the tone. Mine blows me away every time I play it, it is like everything I ever liked about DC and SC 245's, McCarty Singlecuts and DC 594's wrapped into one guitar, with some magic pixie dust sprinkled in to bring a little extra of what in my wildest dreams I would imagine the best possible classic Singlecut would play and sound like... ;)
WOW!! Sorry Pete! A couple of things happened here. I had been thinking seriously about this one for several days. You then posted the picture of your new DC McCarty Glow 594. I think jealousy took hold, and I bought this one the next morning!!

I also really love my DC 594s. I have basically decided that I also want one SC 594 in the stable. Once I made that decision, it was easier for me to decide to go all out and get a PS. A few things really favored this one. The primary thing is that it stayed true to the standard 594 ingredients. Doesn't hurt that it is strikingly beautiful! The little extras of the single piece top and etched birds really put me over the edge. Can't wait to get and play this one.

Steve S at Wildwood was REALLY great to work with. Such a nice and helpful guy.

Have I mentioned how much I loathe having things shipped to me? I need to be at work all the time to pay for all this crap I buy. UPS is requiring an actual person present to sign for it. (i.e. I can't sign for it on my online UPS account) Last night, went in to have the guitar held at a UPS center. Weirdly, this option was disallowed by the seller. Couldn't really have it shipped to my work, as I work somewhere different every day. In the end, I opted to pay a small fee to have it delivered today in the latest possible delivery window. I will try to sneak out a bit early and make it home in time!!!

Kevin

WOW!! Sorry Pete! A couple of things happened here. I had been thinking seriously about this one for several days. You then posted the picture of your new DC McCarty Glow 594. I think jealousy took hold, and I bought this one the next morning!!

Wait, so let me get this straight - I bought Private Stock 594 #1, a killer DC 594 in McCarty Glow, and posted it in all its glory. You saw said post, and it helped inspire you to purchase Private Stock #2, that awesome Sandstorm Dragon's Breath SC 594. In parallel with that, that PS #1 mentioned above inspired me to finally pull the trigger on going to buy another Private Stock 594, a Singlecut this time, the SAME PS #2 you had purchased just hours prior?!?

Wow, that is just too cool! :)

Sorry to hear about your shipment challenges, hope everything turns out okay.

Wait, so let me get this straight - I bought Private Stock 594 #1, a killer DC 594 in McCarty Glow, and posted it in all its glory. You saw said post, and it helped inspire you to purchase Private Stock #2, that awesome Sandstorm Dragon's Breath SC 594. In parallel with that, that PS #1 mentioned above inspired me to finally pull the trigger on going to buy another Private Stock 594, a Singlecut this time, the SAME PS #2 you had purchased just hours prior?!?

Wow, that is just too cool! :)

Sorry to hear about your shipment challenges, hope everything turns out okay.
VERY cool!! VERY small world, and funny how these things interact. Your PRSi purchases are inspiring!! (And in many cases, subversive as well!!)

No problems receiving the guitar late yesterday afternoon. Just venting re. shipping process.

Haven't plugged it in yet. I've decided I like to give new guitars a bit of time playing unplugged to get a better sense of their character. My Indigo Glow McCarty Singlecut has always been the champion in that regard, and by a pretty good margin! This new one AT LEAST equals that one. I could say that it bests that one, but that would be difficult just yet. I went back and forth a couple of times, and they are both extremely resonant, but different. The wood choices aren't in the same ballpark.

I may not be quite as sensitive to scale length as some. While I definitely much prefer the 24.5 McCarty to the standard 25 PRSi, these 25.594s just feel like home to me as well. I DID notice something interesting when going back and forth between this and my McCarty SC. It is kind of hard to describe. This 594 just feels like someone played it a while and wore it in. No, nothing is loose, and the guitar is very solid. Like I said, hard to describe, but almost a more supple, softer feeling. Like the woods have just worn in together, and it is immediately ready to go! Just feels more playable in some indescribable sense. I then compared my DC 594s with my McCarty SCs. I noticed a similar feeling, if not quite to the same extent. Very interesting!! I like it! This new gen of guitars was just MADE to be played!

More to come hopefully after the weekend!

Kevin

Hoping so hard that these stick around for a few years. Been saving up for something special and would love to get a Faded Whale Blue SC594. Would make up for the fact that they discontinued the SCHBII before I could buy one.

It would be cool to hear the result of trying the Pearly Gates in the PRS as well :)

Back