The Official "Singlecut 594" Love Thread!!

Finally got this thing home. Plan to play it A LOT this weekend!!! Thank you, Pete, for your bad influence......!
Kevin

20170225_131928.jpg
20170225_131946.jpg
s-l1600%204.jpg
s-l1600%207.jpg

Holy cow, Kevin!! It is even more beautiful in "Real Life" pics than in the Wildwood glamour shots!!

Congrats, that is killer!

Inspiring, I think my next Wood Library trip will need to be for an SC 594 with a One-Piece Quilt top and a "Dragon's Breath" finish!

I have loved all of my great DC 594's, some great guitars, but I just played my #1 DC (the McCarty Glow) for a while head-to-head with the SC. The DC is amazing, but the SC still rules the roost, without question, still my number one of all time...

Fantastic build, the glow effect is truly something else as every part of this awesomness
Congrats

very very nice guitar, kevin

Nice Kevin!

Holy cow, Kevin!! It is even more beautiful in "Real Life" pics than in the Wildwood glamour shots!!

Congrats, that is killer!

Inspiring, I think my next Wood Library trip will need to be for an SC 594 with a One-Piece Quilt top and a "Dragon's Breath" finish!

I have loved all of my great DC 594's, some great guitars, but I just played my #1 DC (the McCarty Glow) for a while head-to-head with the SC. The DC is amazing, but the SC still rules the roost, without question, still my number one of all time...

Those etched birds are Bangin'!

That it is amazing!11

That is one crushing SC!!! NICE!

Fantastic build, the glow effect is truly something else as every part of this awesomness
Congrats

Thank you all for your kind words!! This one is very special to me. Just feels like a nice old guitar for some reason. I've wanted a one piece top for some time, and this one fills the bill. The top is interesting and very unique. Most highly figured PRS tops look highly figured from just about any angle. This one is more like a really nice Gibson top. From some angles, it appears highly figured as in the pictures I posted. From other angles, the figuring isn't so visible, but the wood grain lines take over. I really like that effect, and it makes it different from my other tops. I love the coloring and glow. Just what I wanted! Pete, I think this one completely validates your upcoming SC 594 plan. Any idea of coloring for that one yet??

Kevin

Pete, I think this one completely validates your upcoming SC 594 plan. Any idea of coloring for that one yet??

I have one SC in the oven now that is Flame Top with a traditional "Burst" finish, we did a custom finish that Paul Miles is calling "Dark Cherry Tobacco Sunburst". I am excited for that one!!

I am loving this SC 594 so darn much, I am thinking of spec'ing another one soon. :)

If I do I think I will do a Dragon's Breath finish on a One Piece Quilt to mix it up, the beauty and vibe of your guitar inspires me to think of that! If so, probably still something somewhat Vintage in tones, I have been keeping it more so with Vintage in finishes as of late, versus any wild and crazy colors like I used to do...

So for the last 9 years or so, I have been fairly obsessed with PRS guitars, as many of you who know me from BAM and VR already know. ;)

Over the course of that time, I have been primarily a Doublecut guy. And more specifically, I have been a Short Scale Doublecut guy first and foremost, from when the Ted McCarty DC 245 was introduced in the Fall of 2009. The Doublecuts were my primary thing, and on the side I dabbled in Singlecuts.

Then the Doublecut McCarty 594 came out, and totally blew my mind. For me it was an evolution of, really the PERFECTION of the DC 245. The last year has been a blast in experiencing the DC 594, owning 15+ of them, several of them off the charts awesome!

But I am detecting a shift in the Force occurring. The arrival of the SC 594 PS in early October of 2016 has changed things, and I am only now starting to realize how significantly.

I declared this particular guitar to be my favorite guitar ever, but that still "my" model was the DC 594. As I have played the various 594's over time, I am now starting to think that the Singlecut version will be my favorite model going forward. (Keep in mind that I am not playing out in a band environment right now, so that may be influencing things, as the DC is so much more ergonomically friendly for gigging.)

IMG_0050_zpstq4icuyo.jpg

There is something about this SC 594 model that pulls at my heartstrings in a way that no SC 245 ever did. I am wondering if sometime in the not so distant future, I will consider the SC 594 Model to be my favorite model.

We will find out...

INCOMING!!

;)

So for the last 9 years or so, I have been fairly obsessed with PRS guitars, as many of you who know me from BAM and VR already know. ;)

Over the course of that time, I have been primarily a Doublecut guy. And more specifically, I have been a Short Scale Doublecut guy first and foremost, from when the Ted McCarty DC 245 was introduced in the Fall of 2009. The Doublecuts were my primary thing, and on the side I dabbled in Singlecuts.

Then the Doublecut McCarty 594 came out, and totally blew my mind. For me it was an evolution of, really the PERFECTION of the DC 245. The last year has been a blast in experiencing the DC 594, owning 15+ of them, several of them off the charts awesome!

But I am detecting a shift in the Force occurring. The arrival of the SC 594 PS in early October of 2016 has changed things, and I am only now starting to realize how significantly.

I declared this particular guitar to be my favorite guitar ever, but that still "my" model was the DC 594. As I have played the various 594's over time, I am now starting to think that the Singlecut version will be my favorite model going forward. (Keep in mind that I am not playing out in a band environment right now, so that may be influencing things, as the DC is so much more ergonomically friendly for gigging.)

IMG_0050_zpstq4icuyo.jpg

There is something about this SC 594 model that pulls at my heartstrings in a way that no SC 245 ever did. I am wondering if sometime in the not so distant future, I will consider the SC 594 Model to be my favorite model.

We will find out...

INCOMING!!

;)
cannot WAIT to see PS 594 SC #2..... (Any hints????)
Kevin

cannot WAIT to see PS 594 SC #2..... (Any hints????)
Kevin

Ha!

No Private Stocks imminently incoming, unfortunately. Just a mere mortal Core SC 594 (or two) to tide me over. ;)

I am dying to try my Kinman Noiseless Humbucker-shaped P-90's in one to make an R6 of sorts. I had those in my Tobacco Burst Core DC 594 for a while, and I loved them.

N5D!

SC 594 Core "Black Beauty"!

Unboxing:

IMG_0626_zps4jq1vftx.jpg

Needed new tuner knobs, I tried both Black/Ebony and Ivoroid, liked the Ivoroid better:

IMG_0637_zpsnpoctbj0.jpg

IMG_0634_zpsw5coye9z.jpg

I have a Private Stock ordered but felt I needed something to tide me over until it came in. ;)

Plus I wanted to see how good a Core one was compared to the PS SC 594 Prototype!

First impression, it sounds GREAT!!

(Thanks to Ben Calhoun at Righteous Guitars for getting this to me so quickly, you rock!!)

N5D!

SC 594 Core "Black Beauty"!

Unboxing:

IMG_0626_zps4jq1vftx.jpg

Needed new tuner knobs, I tried both Black/Ebony and Ivoroid, liked the Ivoroid better:

IMG_0637_zpsnpoctbj0.jpg

IMG_0634_zpsw5coye9z.jpg

I have a Private Stock ordered but felt I needed something to tide me over until it came in. ;)

Plus I wanted to see how good a Core one was compared to the PS SC 594 Prototype!

First impression, it sounds GREAT!!

(Thanks to Ben Calhoun at Righteous Guitars for getting this to me so quickly, you rock!!)

Love a black single cut! Congrats Pete! If it's a good one, drop me a line before it moves on! ;)

Congrats, Pete. I love it! Black + Binding = Beautiful! Also very glad it lives up to your PS, so far!

Kevin

Back