The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

So, I think I am going to move the new Gold Top Burst one. It plays and sounds as great as the others, but I really just want a plain old Goldtop.

Damn, I wish I had the money to take it off your hands. I normally prefer the highly figured tops, but that one is uniquely awesome. Glad you know what you want though; I'm sure you'll get it soon! :)

I took 594 test drive number two at Righteous Guitars on Saturday. I did some A/B testing with my HBII and a Paul's Guitar.

My HBII and a 594 would make a great pair. The HBII has the Archtop pickups, neck pickup modified with A5 magnet and nickel-silver baseplate. It has a more polite sound to it in comparison to the 594; snappier and brighter. The 594 has more girth to the sound; less refined, but with great clarity and a little more push. This makes sense to me due to the differences in construction and pickups.

This was my first time trying out a Paul's and the 408 pickups. I was very impressed. It definitely pushed the amp harder than the 594, but still held together with great clarity and balance. It had a modern sound to it, so comparing the two was apples/oranges. They were both great in their own ways. Dang it, PRS, why do you have to make so many great guitars? :p

Looking forward to you hunting down a Goldtop, Pete. :) Seems like stock is low in general lately, which I'll take as a good sign they can't make 'em fast enough.

Garrett - I think that an HB II with Archtops or with 57-08's and a 594 would make a great pair!
MA Pete - I like the Goldtop idea :) I presently have all 3 and tone wise they are each "different".

Dang it, PRS, why do you have to make so many great guitars? :p

temptation-quotes-2.jpg

I'm not sure if it has already been mentioned, but does anyone know what finish is used on the core 594?
I can't find it listed anywhere.

I'm not sure if it has already been mentioned, but does anyone know what finish is used on the core 594?
I can't find it listed anywhere.

The Core and Wood Library 594's are V12.

To get Nitro you need to go Private Stock. I don't mind the V12, that is a nice thin poly finish with a good feel and tone IMO, but I do prefer Nitro...

The Core and Wood Library 594's are V12.

To get Nitro you need to go Private Stock. I don't mind the V12, that is a nice thin poly finish with a good feel and tone IMO, but I do prefer Nitro...
Thanks!
I want to make sure to use the recommended cleaners for the right finish.
Now I know

Hey LES ! Do you FEEL the desire building up ?

Not really!

I felt the desire building before ordering it, but now that I've done that, I've put the heavy breathing part out of my mind. I'm looking forward to it, but not with that "OMG I can't stand the wait!" thing.

I could wait a year. No hurry.

Not really!

I felt the desire building before ordering it, but now that I've done that, I've put the heavy breathing part out of my mind. I'm looking forward to it, but not with that "OMG I can't stand the wait!" thing.

Any approximate date yet for delivery?

That is a sweet one! Some great Non-10's showing up out there.

I'd be all over that one if I didn't already have these two "pretty" ones, in similar finishes:

IMG_0940_zpsryh5vk3m.jpg

:)

I really love the wide flames and the light burst on the one from the right

Wow are they kicking butt with this one!!! Still loving the Tobacco Burst version of this. Looks like John just got another in, and 'tis another beauty!!!!!

https://store.guitarvaultusa.com/PRS_McCarty_594_guitar_McCarty_Tobacco_Sunburst_p/16-230038.htm

Kevin

Sweet! I wouldn't have expected this, but Tobacco Burst has become my favorite finish for this model. It just really seems to match the visual experience for the vibe of this guitar. I really love my subtle Non-10 Top in Tobacco Burst.

If a really sick 10-Top one shows up out there, I don't know if I will be able to resist.

I am going to PRS to spec a Private Stock 594 in a couple of weeks. I expect it to end up being some sort of Dark Burst! :)

Not really!

Well, it's not like you are exactly slumming it with your current lineup!! ;)

I really love the wide flames and the light burst on the one from the right

Thanks! I dig that one too! Cool that Willcutt's did them in the Livingston Lemondrop finish, that is a pretty cool and vintage finish.

Back