The Official 2 Channel "H" Love Thread

Hopeful Sinner

Angry Southern Gentleman
Here's my 2 Channel "H" and dual Deep Back Stealth 2X12's. Beastly, just beastly...

nad.jpg

Nice HS... I'm a believer as well. Right now I have the combo seen here in our band studio on stage.

IMG_00000007.jpg

I really want to try an external cab though...

My Custom 2 Channel "H" is GREAT!!!

Shown with matching BRW '99 MCCarty:

100_4077.jpg

Shown with some other PRS amps:

100_4073.jpg

I like the flamed front:

100_3869.jpg

And.....it can balance an HXDA on its head!!

100_3868.jpg

HS - I've always wondered what it would sound like to stack a pair of Stealth cabs together with an "H"! I can only imagine it rocks the walls!

Doc - I love that blue flame H!!! It looks great with your blue axe!
(It would also look GREAT with my Ibanez AS93 semi-hollow, but I don't know if I can say that here!)

Dave - I'm still amazed at how the 1x12 H dwarfs the Hot Rod Deluxe in that photo!
(Tho' I love 'em both!)

ReigningGlory said:
HS - I've always wondered what it would sound like to stack a pair of Stealth cabs together with an "H"! I can only imagine it rocks the walls!

On day one, it literally knocked a painting off the wall... I've since purchased a better mount for the painting...

Does anybody know the story on the first 50 heads. Was there something different about them compared to today's production models?

I had a chance to play an "H" combo at my local shop a few weeks ago and it plagues me...I need another amp like a hole in the head, but it was definitely a stunner.

Has anyone had to change a tube in a combo yet?

Rant on...

P I T A

Doug, how about a split back design so you only have to pull the upper section?????????????????????

Please

Anyone gigging with a combo, I suggest having a back up amp in case a tube goes down. If not make sure you have a power drill to take the back off. Also have a mirror so you can see on pins configuration on the 12AX7/12AT7s. And plan on a long break while doing the swap.

Wonderful and great sounding amps, the combos are just not user friendly for the tube swaps.

Rant off.

Have to agree with Ron. 22 screws! I assume it's to make sure there isn't any possibility of the back even microscopically rattling... but 22!!!

LOVE the amp though!

2cH.jpg

306628_3545141678442_1569520976_3111512_1986295011_n.jpg

LOVE this amp! Took her to see Doug Sewell last week... great guy and super friendly staff. Top notch support! PRS4LIFE...

I just need to praise the PRS brand for a minute... so many guitars and amps in the world these days. The choices are virtually endless. Living in MD has it's perks TGP...

I own a 2 Channel H head. I own 3 PRS guitars at the moment. I also happen to have a PRS tattoo! lol... I am NOT endorsed or affiliated with PRS in any way.

So I post a thread 3 weeks ago with a complaint about the the amp after a gig with a stupid sound man (turned the entire stage power off and then on again while all our gear was on). Not a ton of response from TGPers... then I get a PM from Doug Sewell! He invited me out to the factory to trouble shoot the issue.
We went thru various scenarios and couldn't repeat the problems in the factory (nor could I at home). He did a couple of updates while it was there and I got to play some prototypes and a few "celebrity owned" amps...Took my amp home and the issue happened again at a gig.. back to the factory I went... Doug was with me every step via email by the way... we figured out that there was something in the channel switching relay that was affected by poor stage power and my after-market roland footswitch. I casually mentioned that I like a one button footswitch for channel only (I use reverb all the time) and that my ideal would be a boost function on a 2 channel switch... well damn if he didn't offer to build me a footswitch AND add a boost feature!
I also had my 2000 CU24 updated with new tuners... Matt in customer service was totally cool as well..

PRS. Great company and great instruments... THANKS PRS!

I just need to praise the PRS brand for a minute... so many guitars and amps in the world these days. The choices are virtually endless. Living in MD has it's perks TGP...

I own a 2 Channel H head. I own 3 PRS guitars at the moment. I also happen to have a PRS tattoo! lol... I am NOT endorsed or affiliated with PRS in any way.

So I post a thread 3 weeks ago with a complaint about the the amp after a gig with a stupid sound man (turned the entire stage power off and then on again while all our gear was on). Not a ton of response from TGPers... then I get a PM from Doug Sewell! He invited me out to the factory to trouble shoot the issue.
We went thru various scenarios and couldn't repeat the problems in the factory (nor could I at home). He did a couple of updates while it was there and I got to play some prototypes and a few "celebrity owned" amps...Took my amp home and the issue happened again at a gig.. back to the factory I went... Doug was with me every step via email by the way... we figured out that there was something in the channel switching relay that was affected by poor stage power and my after-market roland footswitch. I casually mentioned that I like a one button footswitch for channel only (I use reverb all the time) and that my ideal would be a boost function on a 2 channel switch... well damn if he didn't offer to build me a footswitch AND add a boost feature!
I also had my 2000 CU24 updated with new tuners... Matt in customer service was totally cool as well..

PRS. Great company and great instruments... THANKS PRS!

Doug is the best! He's amazing at what he does & he's just a great guy to boot.

I work as a guitar tech for a band called O Rappa. Xandao (http://prsguitars.com/artists/profiles/xandaomeneses/index.html) exclusive use PRS Eletric Guitars, cables and amp. We started the tour with 2 "H" heads and when we were in Chicago to play at Lollapalooza, we just got 2 100watts "H" heads. sounds amazing. below a few pics

Simple set for TV Show (aka. we love Maryland...LOL)

We love Maryland por aduayer, no Flickr

Guitars and one "H" head

Xandao set up 2011 por aduayer, no Flickr

the 2 x 50Watts "H" head set

amps por aduayer, no Flickr

and the 2 x 100 Watt "H" head set.

PRS Amps por aduayer, no Flickr

Back