The Greatest "LIVE" album.

Waiting for Columbus - Little Feat - Yeah it's mostly overdubbed, but it's still a great "live" album. Fat Man In The Bathtub is stunning and Mick Taylor gives a cameo on A Apolitical Blues.

Live Bullet - Sure Nine Tonight has the "hits" but Live Bullet has a better vibe IMHO. BTW, don't even think about playing Travelin' Man without Beautiful Loser! Oh yeah, Turn the Page, FTW.

Edited to add:
SRV Live from Austin Texas. It's his combined 1983 and 1989 apperances from Austin City Limits TV show and what a difference 6 years made. That '89 show gave us a good look at a clean and healthy Stevie Ray and you could tell he was in a great place physically and mentally. All of the '89 stuff is fabulous, but the version of Leave My Girl Alone is worth the price of admission all by itself.
So freaking mean...

Last edited:
Waiting for Columbus - Little Feat - Yeah it's mostly overdubbed, but it's still a great "live" album. Fat Man In The Bathtub is stunning and Mick Taylor gives a cameo on A Apolitical Blues.

Live Bullet - Sure Nine Tonight has the "hits" but Live Bullet has a better vibe IMHO. BTW, don't even think about playing Travelin' Man without Beautiful Loser! Oh yeah, Turn the Page, FTW.

Edited to add:
SRV Live from Austin Texas. It's his combined 1983 and 1989 apperances from Austin City Limits TV show and what a difference 6 years made. That '89 show gave us a good look at a clean and healthy Stevie Ray and you could tell he was in a great place physically and mentally. All of the '89 stuff is fabulous, but the version of Leave My Girl Alone is worth the price of admission all by itself.
So freaking mean...

I was at that last show at Alpine Valley. Lucky enough to see him 6 times. What a loss.

I'd go with Iron Maiden's "Live After Death".

And I'd second Sergio's choice of Bob Marley and the Wailers' "Babylon by Bus"

I have to go with Ozzy Osbourne Randy Rhoards Tribute. There are 2 factors in what determines a great live album for me 1) Overall energy of the performance 2) Does it improve on the studio songs? Tribute nails both of these. Randy Rhoads wizardry is on display throughout the recording with elaborate and complex fills plus flawless virtuoso playing overall. The renditions of the Sabbath tunes Iron Man, Children of the Grave, and Paranoid are the best you'll ever hear, especially the new solo that Randy wrote for Children of the Grave which is a masterpiece in itself.
61sFgAsw%2BaL._SY606_.jpg

Seems I'm late but gotta have me a piece of this.
Frampton Comes Alive - Peter Frampton
Yes Songs - Yes
Live And Dangerous - Thin Lizzy
Queen Live Killers - Queen

all these records are great, especially stop making sense, so to add a new one i’m going to say:
ween - live at stubbs

1) UFO - Strangers in the Night
2) Kansas - Two For the Show
3) Rush - Exit Stage Left
4) Genesis - Live
5) Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains the Same

Gotta go with Frampton comes alive, followed by Live at Leeds, Get yer ya ya’s out, and the Eagles He’ll freezes over tour..amazing stuff, all of them.

Back