The Greatest "LIVE" album.

Frank Zappa - The Roxy & Elsewhere

One of my favorites, and a joy to see Dweezil and ZPZ perform it in its entirety a few years ago.

Frank Zappa - The Roxy & Elsewhere

One of my favorites, and a joy to see Dweezil and ZPZ perform it in its entirety a few years ago.

Have you picked up the Roxy Performances box? It's the full Roxy run. I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but the reviews said it sounds spectacular.

Have you picked up the Roxy Performances box? It's the full Roxy run. I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but the reviews said it sounds spectacular.
Nope, but something to check out! Thanks for the heads-up.

While many of my all time favorite albums have been mentioned, the best live album ever hasn’t.

Band Of Gypsys! Greatest live album by the greatest guitar player ever and includes the greatest guitar solo ever! (Machine Gun.... one CUT YOUR HEAD OFF NOTE to start the solo, and then a mind trip after that!)

All these albums mentioned are fabulous. I do have fond memories of Kiss alive 2 as I was really getting into music when I first heard that record.

G3 with Eric Johnson. I always used the song Manhattan to set up my big PA. I could always dial PA in without RTA with that song.

For me Personally

Bob Seger - Live Bullet
Kiss - Alive 2
And My Favorite Band of All time
Y&T Yesterday & Today Live

there are more but these stand out to me.

Live at The Fillmore East hands down for me

Other honorable mentions;

The Who - Live at Leeds
Dire Straits Live - Alchemy
BB King - Live At The Regal

Iron Maiden Rock in Rio, Live after Death

Deep Purple Made in Japan

Led Zeppelin The Song Remains the Same

Dire Straits On the Night Live

There are plenty of individual songs in other albums, but not many where I like practically everything.

Alter bridge live in Amsterdam is one of my favorites.
Awhile back someone gave me a box of old records and ten years after live was awesome and also there was a dave mason live double record that was really good.
Also Richie Kotzen live in Tokyo is killer.

Back