Tell me more about PRS SE Soapbar II

I do, but I would rather have the doublecut. Either way, they did them as a limited edition, can't see them anywhere
Brand new (NOS) at a great price. (edit: not sure they ship to the UK)

Last edited:
Brand new (NOS) at a great price. (edit: not sure they ship to the UK)

Yeah, it's a shag

I'm not buying online, though. I'm very old-school when it comes to guitar buying.

I'm sure it will pay-off to be patient.

That makes two of us ! :)

I asked awhile back here on the forum , if PRS did any current production with P90's ... the answer ? NO ! :mad:

So I went on a search of the GuitarUniverse, and found a perfect match for what I was looking for. A Fender Player Mustang 90.

P90's, 24" scale length, and hard tail ! But considering what it is and MIM, vastly overpriced. But I did a "new " thing for me, and copped a used one !:cool:

Now to go really crazy, I'm going to "gamble" on 2 Harley Bentons. A TE 90OM, and their PRS CU 24 ripoff, the CST 90T , both equipped with P90's . Even if those guys turn out to be duds, they won't be a big loss. But my HB experience so far has been positive. (both for less than $400?)

If PRS decides to address this P90 Fever... I'm hoping they will do an S2 McCarty 594 Thinline (because of the neck carve ) with P90's ...
That would be the PRS I would be interested in ... Or re-introducing one of those SE "Soapies".

But if they sleep too long ... I may have to buy something I thought I never want, ('cause they are as big as Texas) .. . A Gibson 335 clone ... Sire H7V ...just introduced with P90's ! And if it is anywhere as cool as the Sire T7 I just bought ... That may be my "High End" P90 platform ...
I got rid of my Harley Benton cu24. It wasn't exactly a dud, just wasn't one I reached for or bonded with at all. Build quality was fine..I think it was the baked Fretboard..it felt slightly plasticcy.....Fine beginners guitars..but we old hands kinda like something a grade up

I got rid of my Harley Benton cu24. It wasn't exactly a dud, just wasn't one I reached for or bonded with at all. Build quality was fine..I think it was the baked Fretboard..it felt slightly plasticcy.....Fine beginners guitars..but we old hands kinda like something a grade up
Interesting comments on the HB CU 24... I knew of them when I decided to go SE CU 24 instead. But based on my actual experience with their TE 52 product, I've gotten "brave" enough to try others . As for their being "beginner" guitars ? We'll their pricing does encourage that. But I'm sure many a "Pro" could live with their actually "serviceable" instruments. I mean for the quarter of the cost of an SE, and one-tenth the cost of a Core ... they become very reasonable tools (if not "disposable tools ) for a working musician ...

At their pricing .. I'm willing to explore ...:)

BTW ...I'm thinking the deal on the "baked " fretboard, would be that it was "stable" ,that is not prone to fret sprout during dry winters ?

Back