Tell me about the Mira X in pink.

revtime

I have the chance to pick up an 09 mira x.
What do you all know about them?
Thank you.

I have one in Lime Green. I like the X because it's 22 frets with a wide-fat neck. They have a basswood body, sipo neck, and pau ferro fingerboard, which are not common woods for a PRS. They are also extremely light if that matters to you. Mine is 4.5 lbs!
QQqCSN3.jpg

I'll tell you about it in pink (font).

I have an '09 in Sepia Burst and it's very lightweight (5.5 lbs.!), comfortable, balanced on the lap or strap, and is very stable/solid tuning. It sounds WAY fatter than you would think a 5.5 lb. guitar would sound. In fact, it's sort of analogous to my Stripped 58 in terms of a beefy G*bson-ish sound. It also feels kind of fat because the neck is on the beefier side, but still very comfortable.

The stock "Mira X" uncovered pickups are fantastic--I have no desire to change them out. They're very much right up the alley of any PAF-ish AlNiCo V type pickup--they're very clear & expressive. This is one of my guitars that's always just SO fun to play.

I’ll mirror that the neck profile, carve, and scale length make for a unique and rare combo for a Mira.

Mine was also incredibly light. I suspect the neck wood may be somewhat soft, my truss rod pushed through the heel into the neck pickup cavity. PTC to the rescue!

I want to find one that’s got some love on it already and send it to my buddy to get it refinished in nitro aged TV yellow :D
I got this Starla X for an crazy low price right during the holidays. It's definitely been played and loved as it has some heathy wear to the finish but it's such a nice guitar.

2YjED5F.jpg

Back