TC TonePrint Pedalboard?

Yes, saw this in my google news this morning. Not much info as of yet. Been looking to upgrade my ancient Line 6 Pod XT Live - and not considering any new Line 6 stuff no matter what anyone says.

I have several TC pedals. Overall I'm happy with their sounds. I am am however less than thrilled with the soft switch. Seems like half the time I hit the switch I somehow end up turning it off again by the time my foot leaves the pedal. Sometimes I also brush one of the switches which turns on the pedal when I'm reaching for another pedal. I prefer a good solid "click" on my stompboxes.

I've been very happy w/my TC G-System, so I'm watching this.

I saw that as well... it would be great if they came up with a couple sizes, I think the teaser appears to have at least 5 slots? I would probably be good with 3. Especially if it can hold more in memory and just have a few active at a time. Bonus points if it can be programmed to automatically cycle through presets!

I’ve had a few of the TonePrint pedals, and still have some (Flashback V1, T2 Reverb, Sentry), I love the concept, size/form factor, enclosures, and for the most part, the tones. The only thing that really bugs me is that the modulation (on presets that have it) is often more extreme than I would prefer, and there’s no way to reduce it - I got rid of my Alter Ego V2 for that reason. But, for the more common stuff, certainly including many of the artist prints, they’re really nice. They may not be the ultimate in tone, but they’re certainly very good quality, and especially considering the versatility, not anything I would hesitate to use.

Yes, saw this in my google news this morning. Not much info as of yet. Been looking to upgrade my ancient Line 6 Pod XT Live - and not considering any new Line 6 stuff no matter what anyone says.
I am so sick of fighting with my Line 6 POD HD 500X I have gone back to my pedal board. Which includes my TC Electronics Flahback Delay.

Interesting, love TC too, wonder what price point

I really love the HX Stomp, can do 6 things and great interface, works well with helix, yadda yadda

TC is no stranger to multi-effects pedal systems. As Alan points out, they’ve had success with several guitar multi effects packages over the years; G system, G force, and Nova system are a few of the better known ones. G system and Nova allowed for the integration of external pedals, which was a very smart move.

I’ve had a bunch of their rack effects over the years, and a Nova system, and all sounded great. In particular, their delays always sound beautiful.

Should be an interesting product. I’m committed to a pedalboard where I use several companies’ pedals - it’s a flexible way to go - but for soup to nuts in one box, the TC stuff is pretty sweet.

It’ll be interesting to see how things work out long-term since Behringer bought them.

TC is no stranger to multi-effects pedal systems. As Alan points out, they’ve had success with several guitar multi effects packages over the years; G system, G force, and Nova system are a few of the better known ones. G system and Nova allowed for the integration of external pedals, which was a very smart move.

I’ve had a bunch of their rack effects over the years, and a Nova system, and all sounded great. In particular, their delays always sound beautiful.

Should be an interesting product. I’m committed to a pedalboard where I use several companies’ pedals - it’s a flexible way to go - but for soup to nuts in one box, the TC stuff is pretty sweet.

It’ll be interesting to see how things work out long-term since Behringer bought them.

Behringer give you a lot of product for your money, ok it’s not top of the range!

In regard to Behringer and their ownership of TC, I hope they let TC continue to forge their own path. Their multi fx are highly regarded, and many of their products extremely innovative, the Toneprint concept still blows my mind. And their stuff is great quality and a very fair price.

As much as I probably wouldn't seek out Behringer as a first choice for a lot of things, I have to admit, I've used some of their stuff that worked really well. Their Powerplay personal monitor system is fantastic.

They do. In fact, their minimoog clone may be the best sounding one on the market, and it’s dirt cheap.

But something about the company makes me a little queasy.

I've got a Behringer model D, it's a lot of fun and sounds great, and being a truly horrible keyboard player, I wouldn't spend what a real Moog costs. I've come very close to grabbing a deepmind 12 for my studio as well, and if one pops up for the right price, I still will.
I also have a TC BG-250 bass amp as my "house bass amp" and it does great, I don't feel like it's a compromise to any great degree.
I'm with you just a little on the "queasy" part though, just because I don't usually like to buy a lot from China if I can help it.

I've got a Behringer model D, it's a lot of fun and sounds great, and being a truly horrible keyboard player, I wouldn't spend what a real Moog costs. I've come very close to grabbing a deepmind 12 for my studio as well, and if one pops up for the right price, I still will.
I also have a TC BG-250 bass amp as my "house bass amp" and it does great, I don't feel like it's a compromise to any great degree.
I'm with you just a little on the "queasy" part though, just because I don't usually like to buy a lot from China if I can help it.

My son has the Model D, and had a minimoog Voyager XL. He says they sound the same. I believe he used his D on two tracks he produced for 30 Seconds to Mars’ record, “America.”

I usually use synths for pads, so being a monosynth, a mini would mostly go unused at my place. My hardware synth is a Sequential Prophet 12, but I’ve also been getting good use out of wavetable soft synths, like Serum, Icarus, or Massive X (wavetable oscillators were digital from their beginning in the ‘80s) and granular and spectral that also never existed in the analog domain, such as Blue, Thorn and Alchemy.

There is a certain something hardware has that the soft synths don’t have, and I can’t put my finger quite on it, so sometimes I run a soft synth through a piece of analog gear just to put a little more “something” on it. But I like a lot of the stuff I can do with the recent soft synths, which is why they get used here.

Last edited:
Back