TC Electronic Polytune Clip Tuner

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
I am a big fan of the TC Electronics Polytune II pedal, as I own five of them.
One is at work, one stays on my floor at home to check tuning when I case my guitars, and one on each of my two pedal boards.
The 5th one I no longer use as it was the first gen model, kind of hard to read.

Anyways, they have released a new Polytune clip on model that works just like the pedals allowing you to check one string at a time, or all of them at once.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda pricey next to a Snark, and I've seen pros use those on stage.

Clearly for Stratocaster players whos guitars can't stay in tune very long. DOH! :vroam:

I think PRS needs a headstock redesign to better accommodate clip on tuners. :wink:

I have a small issue with my Polytune pedal......if I tune one string at a time it works great. But after I retune and check them all individually to confirm I am good I will strum and always two to four are 'out of tune'. I don't know to trust the poly part of the tuner or not.

Wedge, that happens to me too.
I trust them all at once with the strum after first doing them one at a time.

I rarely have to tune the 408, mainly the SEs, but they are not as bad as the 2012.Gibson '61 SG Reissue.
It always changes with the temps, must have a wet neck?

I think PRS needs a headstock redesign to better accommodate clip on tuners. :wink:

Haha I thought exactly this earlier!

I think this looks awesome! It'll be perfect to leave lying around the house and picking up for a quick tune. to many of the markets current clip on tuners are a bit flimsy and tacky.

Tuner ? Huh? come again?
seriously I have the polytune mini and it works great, but the thing is I only check
my tuning once a month and the darn guitar never goes out of tune, bummer
but I keep the tuner just to look at the green and red flashing lights

Kinda pricey next to a Snark, and I've seen pros use those on stage.

I have an original Polytune pedal, the the Polytune app on my phone.

I have owned a Snark- IMO they are total crap. The cheap plastic clip that holds the snark broke in less than a week - their price point is because they are disposable. It's a Bic tuner...

I have an original Polytune pedal, the the Polytune app on my phone.

I have owned a Snark- IMO they are total crap. The cheap plastic clip that holds the snark broke in less than a week - their price point is because they are disposable. It's a Bic tuner...

"Total crap" would be a tuner that doesn't work. The polytune clip is around $50. The Snark works great and costs less than $15, I've never had a problem with mine. As far as function goes it's pretty accurate, can hang with my turbo tuner. John Mayer didn't seem to mind using a Snark on his PRS the other night.

Pretty sure they are gunning for the Peterson StroboClip market share. I think it looks promising with the poly-tune, strobe and alternate tuning functions and it's smaller than the Peterson.

"Total crap" would be a tuner that doesn't work. The polytune clip is around $50. The Snark works great and costs less than $15, I've never had a problem with mine. As far as function goes it's pretty accurate, can hang with my turbo tuner. John Mayer didn't seem to mind using a Snark on his PRS the other night.

The Snark tuner may have worked great. But the cheap plastic holder is crap. If I can't clip it on the guitar, if the holder won't hold the Snark anymore - then it's crap. I'll never buy another. Total crap.

John Mayer? really?... :vroam:

I wonder how long until tuners start getting built into headstock of guitars

I wonder how long until tuners start getting built into headstock of guitars

Gibson already sort of do with that stupid little thing they stick on the back of the headstock, e-tune I think they call it. pointless if you ask me. I mean how often do you all use your tuners? I only use them for a quick check when I pick up a guitar, no need to have one permanently attached to the guitar.

Check out this guy at my local neighborhood bar with his Snark for the whole show:

When I was yelling at him about it he flipped me the bird.

Last edited:
Back