Super Dallas Modification

greg777

I Just got a great deal on a 2011 Super Dallas amp. It is a 1 of 4 Dragon graphic.

It really sounds great to say the least.

Anyways. I opened her up and noted the first stage of the preamp 2 parallel caps that were lifted. Any ideas about this?

hopfully hitting the link will help

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_-H6PuF0Ev6S86JBjTwtHoW1QD5TwbxM/view?usp=drivesdk

view

view

Last edited:
I Just got a great deal on a 2011 Super Dallas amp. It is a 1 of 4 Dragon graphic.

It really sounds great to say the least.

Anyways. I opened her up and noted the first stage of the preamp 2 parallel caps that were lifted. Any ideas about this?

view

view
YES! The Super Dallas has been my most gigged amp over the past 8+ years. Great choice!

Get those pics to work and we can take a peek.

Mine doesn’t have that mod. Only Doug would know...or maybe Jeff. Shoot customer service a note and see if Doug can recall.

Any other mods? Mine has a switchable bass cut that all but turns it into an HXDA without the HXDA switches. Pretty sweet!

There are pedals that do beautiful things to this amp. Have you started experimenting? What kinds of music will you play with the SuperD?

Mine doesn’t have that mod. Only Doug would know...or maybe Jeff. Shoot customer service a note and see if Doug can recall.

Any other mods? Mine has a switchable bass cut that all but turns it into an HXDA without the HXDA switches. Pretty sweet!

There are pedals that do beautiful things to this amp. Have you started experimenting? What kinds of music will you play with the SuperD?

I mainly use an analogman Comp or Klon to boost the front end. I mainly do rock and slide blues with it (Mule or Allman Brothers). it can do pretty good cleans as well but I find it bets with the mast around 2-3 oclock and the gain around 2-3 it really sings. It really likes humbuckers more IMO. No other obvious mods that I can see.

The input loves to be pushed. I’ve done that mostly with a KTR, a BB Preamp, and an EP Boost. Usually master at 2-3 o’clock, volume at about 10 o’clock and let the pedals push the amp into the rest of the dirty range. The secret is the cab selection: the PRS pine 2x12 is the way to the Grissom tone, which I love. Also does Warren Haynes beautifully. The gain is calibrated with guitar volume at about 6 for clean, 8 for rhythm, and 10 for lead (DGT).

Paul cranked the hell out of a SuperD in this video and reveals his settings in the process. Sounds amazing.

Skip to 8:50...

IMO, the mod is to reduce the low end in the pre-amps. Mod is done kind of sloppy, but quick to reverse.
If you like the sound of the amp as is, then play.

IMO, the mod is to reduce the low end in the pre-amps. Mod is done kind of sloppy, but quick to reverse.
If you like the sound of the amp as is, then play.
I honestly like it the way it is. It is really tight. no boom or anything. Even with the bass turned up. It just fattens the tone. Thanks I figured a smuch.

I like the look! It’s a personal thing, but I think it looks like the perfect graphic to use a Dragon PRS with... not that having one of those would be a bad thing ;)

Back