sunshinewelly's custom 24

really starting to gel with it now. I love the 85/15 pickups. it covers a lot of bases. have it set up now with a nice low action. still getting used to the 10 strings although it does feel with 10s quite similar to my strat with 9s.
I was think of taking the gauge down to 9.5 but i spent the last 24 hours setting it up with 10's that i probably will stick with 10s.

one thing i have noted is that i have the bridge to spec ie around 1/16 off the body but at that height i have now maxed out the saddle height on Top E and B strings. both saddles are flush with bridge. I do have the action lower than PRS specs (around 3/64 for all my strings - cant get the Top E or B string to get any lower than that though). Still very happy with the playability but hear that PRS can do 2/64 easily on Top E but on mine i could not physically get it that height without lowering bridge and i dont want to get into doing that. In fact the B string probably is slightly lower than the Top E string - cant get Top E to match that one though.

Back