Strap Recommendations for Eriza Verde

That looks absolutely great! You chose...wisely. ;)

And the combination with that guitar is just killer.

My new brown one with ochre back came Friday, too (we ordered on the same day, if memory serves). I'll post a pic when I have a chance. I've been working on music for a new ad campaign and haven't had a chance to do much of anything yet.

I played the guitar parts before the new strap arrived, and haven't even tried it yet with the guitar I got it for.

Now I have 17 spots to mix. :eek:

Thanks, Les. Can't wait to see what you got. Appreciate the feedback and you pointing me to them. I also like the fact that we're supporting a small family-owned company.

Time to pick one out for this...
prs1.jpg

Time to pick one out for this...
prs1.jpg

Maybe something like this?
https://moodyleather.com/25-black-blue-leather-backed-guitar-strap.html

I see there's lots of love for Heistercamp around here. Any reason people don't go crazy for Moody straps around here (except for the price)? I have one and it's quite luxurious. They're pretty thick, though--3 ply leather. I have a Levy's M17BDS, which is 2-ply pull-up leather, that's 1/3 the price of a Moody and nearly as good. But even as a 2-ply strap, it's a tight fit under my PRS strap button; so maybe the 3-ply Moody is "too much" (leather, and cost)? Any of them will work with strap-locks, though.

Or... on MY guitar that looks very much like this one (whale blue?) I've gone with a Soulder "Woodstock Blue" vintage-styled seatbelt strap. I like how the Souldiers are lightweight, flexible/pliable, smooth & easily adjustable, and with as many color/pattern selections that they have, you're bound to find one that coordinates perfectly. [Except for Eriza Verde. I had a heck of a time finding a good suggestion there, and never really came up with one.]

I see there's lots of love for Heistercamp around here. Any reason people don't go crazy for Moody straps around here (except for the price)?

I've seen these and admired them. They look like high quality stuff, and the price isn't unreasonable.

It's just a matter of what appeals, I suppose. The Italian leather is great, the English leather is also great, and they're dyed using different techniques so they look a little different. The styling's a bit different, and Heistercamp offers different choices. Not saying one's nicer than the other, they're simply...different. I particularly like Heistercamp's optional cable loop and padding, but I bought one before they started offering them, and I still like it.

For me, the choice between Moody and Heistercamp is choosing between really nice, and really nice. Tossup. Which kind of leather do you prefer? What styling do you like better? I'm the kinda guy who likes the look of the Heistercamp stuff.

Being a leather goods junkie, I also have a couple of these Richter Springbreak IIs in Nappa leather that have memory foam padding. They're also really nice, and the leather quality is excellent. Again, a different type of leather finish than either the Moody or the Heistercamp:

https://www.richterstraps.com/screen/product/guitar-strap-1677

I generally don't buy straps for a particular guitar, I like having the standard black, brown and tan stuff, though I picked my most recent one with the McCarty in mind just because. :)

Maybe something like this?
https://moodyleather.com/25-black-blue-leather-backed-guitar-strap.html

I see there's lots of love for Heistercamp around here. Any reason people don't go crazy for Moody straps around here (except for the price)? I have one and it's quite luxurious. They're pretty thick, though--3 ply leather. I have a Levy's M17BDS, which is 2-ply pull-up leather, that's 1/3 the price of a Moody and nearly as good. But even as a 2-ply strap, it's a tight fit under my PRS strap button; so maybe the 3-ply Moody is "too much" (leather, and cost)? Any of them will work with strap-locks, though.

Or... on MY guitar that looks very much like this one (whale blue?) I've gone with a Soulder "Woodstock Blue" vintage-styled seatbelt strap. I like how the Souldiers are lightweight, flexible/pliable, smooth & easily adjustable, and with as many color/pattern selections that they have, you're bound to find one that coordinates perfectly. [Except for Eriza Verde. I had a heck of a time finding a good suggestion there, and never really came up with one.]

Had never heard of Moody straps. Good looking straps. I’d buy one.

I bought a bunch from Ethos Customs, at a similar price point. Apparently, they’re having some communication and timeliness issues, now.

Check out RightOn Straps. I bought two from them off Reverb. Absolutley fantastic and I like the height adjustment thing they have going, plus they make artificial leather versions.

Well I had a superb care package arrive in Blighty from the Canadian strap lab!

Now a double decorated Shock & Awe recruit, I present the "Brothers in Arms"
brothersinarms.jpeg

Thanks again Brad, just lovely work!

I think a shock & Awe would look cool with the Eriza Verde ;)

Well-Hung straps on Reverb https://reverb.com/brand/well-hung-1

Last edited:
Back