Splitting the Three Hermanos

Prina

Avoiding imperial entanglements
BPD38398.jpg

Over my vast experience with PRS, all of seven months, none of these SE245's are either my first (S2 594 SC) or my most recent (Stripped 58) PRS. But these, especially the first two, a stock '11 and a modded '15 Soapbar with a SD stacked bridge and satin neck, were the ones where I really fell in love with the brand and helped inspire me to play more than I ever have in the past.

The first two also confirmed the feeling that I initially had with my S2, that I needed to share that feeling of new inspiration with my brother and that was the main reason to get the third. He loved the tiger striped color scheme of the '15 and was fine with a tobacco sunburst but wasn't a fan of the stock uncovered pickups. He also felt that he didn't warrant having high end pups yet. However, that did warrant installing some covers on the stock pups and while the soldering iron was out, dropping in some Orange Drop caps:

Screenshot-2023-05-31-at-4-00-53-PM.png

Between the covers and the caps that really made the neck really sweet. The bridge is about the same.

My brother hasn't seen any pics of how it looks with the covers on yet and will likely get it next week depending on UPS timing. I think when he sees and hears it, it will be hard not to play it. A lot.

The two remaining SE245s will be losing a sibling but will still have each other as well as their S2 and Core cousins.

Back